Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope floating rotors & SLX callipers
  • jamesy01
    Free Member

Read bits n bobs about floating hope rotors fouling some callipers. Does anyone have any experience using the 160mm floating saw tooth rotor with SLX callipers?
    Cheers

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I have exactly that on my 2009 Anthem X frame – 180 on the front (on some old Revs) and 160 on the back. Works a treat* and looks nice too… 🙂

*There was a bit of fun spacing it all out though as the rivets (for want of a better word – the bits that the outers float on) sit close enough to foul the caliper body, but a couple of little spacers sorted that. Had me worried for a bit though. Anyone else found this?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run a 183mm floater on the front with SLX and it's fine.

I have had trouble with some LX calipers in the past, with floaters, but not with SLX

reggiegasket
    Free Member

bobbins 😉

bagpuss
    Free Member

No probs here with exactly that. 180mm on the front but not sawtooth, 160mm sawtooth rear. SLX both ends. Only just put the rear on and not noticed the rivets fouling the frame. On an old stumpjumper 120 if that helps.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Perfect.

Cheers guys

zangolin
    Free Member

Have run both new XT + Saint brakes with Hope Floating rotors on Reign, Reign-X, Glory DH and Mmmbop frames. A little filing of calipers (too clear rivet) was required with all rotor sizes: 160, 180, + 203mm on all frames. Same was true for a variety of forks: Lyrik, Pike, RS Revs + Boxxer 2010's all needed a little filing of calipers.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Dunno if I fancy filing my forks / callipers!
    Might just make do with blue pro 2's….

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I had to file the SLX calipers slightly – but only on rotors fitted to XT front hubs. Dont know why but they seem to hold the rotor further left than my other hubs (Ive got Hope and Easton XC hubs with no problems). Never tried on a rear. Skimming was easy though and I dont worry about the results. It's only 1mm or so.

Edit – forgot to say 180mm front.

zangolin
    Free Member

Only the calipers needed a little filing – all were used with Hope Pro 2 hubs.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Hmmmm, **** it!
    Floating rotors it is. Perhaps the looks will take the eye of my poor riding skills 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope floating rotors & SLX callipers’ is closed to new replies.