Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope Eternity Vs Thomson?
  • Gordymac
    Free Member

Im torn between the two for a new build. Used Thomson before but not sure about the eternity, Can any Hope users reflect on their choice?

Cheers
    Gordymac

tk46hal
    Free Member

I use a Thomson Lay-back, but if Hope did one, I would buy English every time.
    Mate of mine has the Hope and loves it especially the look of it!

Buy Hope!

Woody
    Free Member

Thought about one of those myself but needed layback. Problem is hardly any reviews, so they either haven’t sold many or there have been no problems (or both). Only one owner review HERE and apparently it doesn’t fit Ti seat rails!

Someone on here must have one?

Gordymac
    Free Member

Problem is hardly any reviews

Yep exactly what i’ve found. Maybe its time to bite the bullet and then report back as soon as possible 😆

druidh
    Free Member

We’ve sold one Eternity seatpost. It hasn’t come back and we’ve had no reports of it at all.

It’s a seatpost.

I’m liking the look of those new Thomsons though!

will1991
    Free Member

I have both, only bought the Hope as the bike I was building HAD (well..) to have Hope components wherever possible.

I also have a Thomson Masterpiece and an Elite though and I’d say they are better in terms of quality, looks (in my opinion), and the Hope isn’t particularly light.

In terms of saddle clamping, they’re both equally easy to use, the Hope perhaps a TINY bit easier. Not much between them but if I had to choose it would be a Thomson.

apparently it doesn’t fit Ti seat rails!

I use my Hope with a ti railed saddle with no problems what so ever.

messiah
    Free Member

Hi Gordy *waves*

Total left field choice but I went for an I-beam post and saddle last year – the Bel-Air saddle is super comfy, is lighter, and has outlasted the normal Gobi which snapped on my other bike. I’m very impressed, and they can be picked up daft cheap 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope Eternity Vs Thomson?’ is closed to new replies.