Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • hope eternity seatposts
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone got one?? any good?

any pics of said post on a bike pleaseeee?

bigG
    Free Member

Yes I have one, not much to report. It’s a seatpost, it supports my lardy ass without bending or creaking. It has Hope written on it so therefore makes my Skilz rad to the power of max. Here’s a couple of pics

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers big g, looks the part from what i can see!

how is it for mounting? is it much easier than the usual fiddly ones like on thomsons etc?

how easy is it to adjust etc?

daznal
    Free Member

Seatpost cudos is wiped out by the red wall xc pro’s

bigG
    Free Member

I found it pretty easy to mount the saddle, the spring mount is a great idea and made getting the whole lot sorted a schoosh. I have experience of Ritchey and USE posts and found them a nightmare compared to the Hope.

No sign of the black anodising wearing or scratching, although it has to be said that I don’t tend to drop my saddle very often so it’s not getting much wear.

Daznal, I like my red walled rubber, they match the pedals & forks therefore my street cred is well wicked innit.

slowrider
    Free Member

Yeah but ur biek iz bordmun innit?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers bigg – appreciated!

good to know its easy to adjust and setup etc…

also saw it has markings on the back, which would be brilliant for me as im coming from a dropper post, so would love to be able to remember where on earth my ‘ideal’ climbing height is after dropping, neat little addition that!

bigG
    Free Member

Slowrider, the geezer in the bike orange bike shop wot sold me it told me it was like extra coolz coz I bought some screenwash, some lighty up screen washers and a new sub for pumping out the toones in the corsa when me n shaz is on the circuit. He said the guys that go to “bike shops” are all old losers coz they drive Audis and work in IT.

OW, yes, it has numbered markings on the back. Saves making a scratch to show your favoured height.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yep, or just randomly guessing where you set it up perfectly once up on a time!

this will be a perfect little addition, so i guess ill get one, hard finding some close up pics of it on bikes though 🙁

bigG
    Free Member

I’m off out for a night ride just now. I’ll get some close ups and post later.

G

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ahh cheers big g, nice one sir! i shall look forward to seeing such!

have a good ride 😉

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

Here’s mine.
    It’s been great for me.

Moonhead
    Free Member

Got one on my 5, only bought it as it was an E-bay bargain. New but came from a display bike so cut down but I put in a cheeky bid and it turned up.

Easy set up etc and looks nice. I am always putting my seat down for playing or descending, it has a fine ribbed texture down the shaft (insert titter) but it still looks new and isn’t looking as worn as much as other posts I have had, Easton, Race Face.

I did notice when riding on one occasion my buttox (arse) must have hit it and I heard it shift, not up or down but the angle of the saddle.. When I got home I checked how tight the bolts were tightened up. I thought they had worked loose but they were still really tight and I could only tighten them a tiny bit more. I don’t know if it was my 14 stone and complete lack of skill or what but all seems to be well now.

I would never have bought one at the RRP tho….what are they? £70 odd…..on reflection I would put it towards an uppy downy post.

Edit…. apologies for the lack of imagery nothing to hand

Moonhead
    Free Member

oops….tried to delete this but no idea how…sorry!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers folks, appreciated the info, and the pic…not digging that seat though i must say 😆

the post does look pretty lurrrvly though 😆

bigG
    Free Member

Here you go, a few pics taken prior to this evenings night ride. I know it’s dirty but it’s still lovely.

Amelia thinks that Hope seat posts rock!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers big g, certainly looks the part that, nicer than a thomson elite anyways!

many thanks buddy, and cute babbbby!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘hope eternity seatposts’ is closed to new replies.