Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • hope bottom bracket – play after 6 months
  • MadBillMcMad

new bike with hope bottom bracket.

It is less than 6 months and there is play & creaking.

Is that par for the course & should I upgrade to ceramic bearings ?

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

send it back and they will send you a new one. saying that 6 months out of a hope! sounds like it was fitted wrong. where did it come from?

mildred

Pah!!! That's nothing – my Race Face Ride that came as standard on my new Orange Crush has lasted 45 miles, and its now slack as a bag of knackers.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Check the chain ring bolts. I was cursing my hope bb then found I had got a couple of loose bolts.

twinklydave

How much riding in that 6 months?

Once a week for 15-20 miles = naff, 5 times a week for big distances in wintery conditions = not so bad…

MadBillMcMad

twinkly – closer to options 1 = naff as I have been single speeding alot this winter.

it is definitely the BB – there ios definitely some play – not a lot – but enoughtoo much.

it came from biketreks , but that is a slog up the motor way from Bolton, and means loosing the bike for a while, against using my LBS and paying for the fix myself

TimCotic
    Free Member

Me and Bruv couldn't be more pleased with our Hope stainless bb's. We've both had them over 2 years on 2 different bikes and they are still going strong. All my previous external bb's (shimano and raceface) were short-lived rubbish. The Hopes are great.

bighendo
    Free Member

check if its loose in the bottom bracket shell (mine was)
    if the bb is 68mm shell, then with the 2 ..PLASTIC.. (ffs) spacers, means only 10mm of thread engagement!!

rideit
    Free Member

Mad Bill, Bolton to Ambleside is about an hour in the car, and then when your bike is fixed you can go for a ride on some truly great trails. Unless you use a proprietry bike cleaner, i would be surprised if the creaking was the Hope BB. Much more likely to be dry bearing in the main pivot, worn shock eye bush, or BB loose in shell.

elaineanne
    Free Member

crickey im doing well then , my race face BB nearly a year old and i ride 2-3 times a week and still going strong… but then im not a fat basket…. 😆 :mrgreen:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘hope bottom bracket – play after 6 months’ is closed to new replies.