Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Honk if you're HONCing
  • clubber
    Free Member

At the risk of jinxing it, the weather looks like it’s going to be perfect and we might even need suncream…

I’ll be the tall bloke looking remarkably like this on a very purple cx bike – the one on the left – the one on the right is Kingtut proving that in real life, he’s nothing like his grumpy STW persona 😉

pedalhead
    Free Member

honc honc, I’ll be on my far-too-low-geared singlespeed Pegasus, spinning like a crazy thing on the roads

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

honnnnnk!

Still not sure whether to go for the CX or the HT..

Will depend who’s riding and who’s skiving. (After being chuffed about getting entries half of the Bath lot are now off on Stag wk ends).

Plus I’ve only got three proper wheels on the car at the mo (plus skinny space saver) so am not supposed to do more than 40mph up the motorway!

clubber
    Free Member

50mph usually for a space saver, non?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

HONK!

100k of singlespeed pain, gonna be a scorcher too.

pjt201
    Free Member

I’ll be there, singlespeed too kingtut.

Clubber, could you bring that jersey if it’s not too much trouble?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Excellent, who are you do I know you?

clubber
    Free Member

That’d be the young man of oirish name…

I’ll try and remember the jersey!

pjt201
    Free Member

Cheers! (Kingtut, it’s Paddy btw)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Aha!

See you Sunday!

peteimpreza

HONK

Emergency sun block purchase to made tonight!!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Sun block? Good god man it’s the perfect opportunity to get a stunning cycling tan, be the envy of everyone at the swimming pool.

clubber
    Free Member

Looking like a lobster that’s wearing a white short/t-shirt combo is not a good look, KT, even for you…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ll be there, a fat lad on a CX…

There’s a fair few of us from “over there” Going… 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Looking like a lobster that’s wearing a white short/t-shirt combo is not a good look, KT, even for you..

I go brown, not red.

😉

clubber
    Free Member

I’ll be there, a fat lad on a CX…

You’re not really going to stand out from the crowd with that description… 😉

clubber
    Free Member

KT – that’s cos your from Brizzol-on-Med innit?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You’re not really going to stand out from the crowd with that description…

Heh..

peteimpreza

I was thinking for my baldy head

KINGTUT
    Free Member

KT – that’s cos your from Brizzol-on-Med innit?

Aye, the fiery Latin Bristolian blood runs through my veins.

amt27
    Free Member

HONK, first timer on an Epic FS with 60 psi SB8s, what’s every one elses tyre choices?

grahamh
    Free Member

Are Bears Catholic? :mrgreen:
    I’ll be round the course at various points.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

yep, on a far too heavy 30ln giant trance. tyres, something skinny and hard. i’ll be at the back and wondering whether i’ll make it to the end of the 100k

ace_sparky
    Free Member

I’ll ne there for the 100k, just about to start packing kit & head off down. I’ll be on a very nippy 23.5lb Anthem, racing ralph at 30 psi on the front & continental raceking supersonic at 40psi on the back.

After three months of base and two four week build blocks with a two week peak/race block of HIIT and threshold training not to mention lowering my body fat to about 6% by carfully controlling my diet and weighing my food for the last 4 months, spent the last 5 days tapering so hopefully if I can get off at the front of the pack I’ll be aiming for around 4.5 hour finish maybe less 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

After three months of base and two four week build blocks with a two week peak/race block of HIIT and threshold training not to mention lowering my body fat to about 6% by carfully controlling my diet and weighing my food for the last 4 months, spent the last 5 days tapering so hopefully if I can get off at the front of the pack I’ll be aiming for around 4.5 hour finish maybe less

Fair play, but you do realise this is the HONC not the Cape Epic..

ace_sparky
    Free Member

Sure, I just treat it as a training ride see if I need to make any changes to my program ready for my next planned peak.

sleigh62
    Free Member

I’ll be there

on a chocky brown 456 ….. 140mm forks, wide bars and ‘road tyres’ ……. looks ridiculous and weighs slightly less than my car …….
    I’ve been training mostly on rides to work fueled by beer & crisps.
    If I can get off at the front it will be a bloody miracle and I’ll be aiming for cardiac arrest ….. but I do enjoy these things and its great to feel the ‘buzz’.
    Hope everyone has a great day!

crewlie

Should be there, Orange blur. Suspension this year as doing it on a rigid Kona last year near killed me (and only the 50km, cos I’m a lightweight)

simondbarnes

Should be there, pottering around near the back on an On-one ti cross bike.

Philby

Will be there on a black Marin Attack Trail – probably wimping out and doing the shorter route this year.

amt27
    Free Member

do all 1200 go off at once? or is it staggered? sounds like a nightmare if you want to put in a good time, but i understand it isn’t a race

Philby

Everyone goes off at once.

It most certainly is not a race!

ps44
    Free Member

The first hill will be a complete log jam if it’s anything like normal, and the field will open up after that. Relax and enjoy it, it’s going to be a great day out with plenty of other climbs to have a go at 😀

grahamh
    Free Member

You dont want to finish too early!
    the UCI dopping control will be there..

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’m currently trying to find a better tyre combination than 2.1 cross mark and a 2.0 mud-x. I’d be alright if it was raining!

Just got my new 34×19 chain & sprockets today and fitted them at work to try out on the way home. Let’s see how my Thighs of English Oak cope with 100km on a 3.9m gear.
    5:45 on the Rohloff last year. Wildly optimistic target this year is sub 6:00 on a single speed.
    If you see a big fat beardy bloke on a green Kona 29er wearing Vegan Cyclists kit, say hello.

spokebloke
    Free Member

100 for me.
    45psi Nic on the front, 45psi Aspen on the back. If there is whiff of mist I’ll be on my arse every mile.

MikeWW
    Free Member

I’ll be there
    100k and CX bike
    Hope I get further than the 2 miles last year before puncturing-took me 5 mins before I even got to the back of the field after fiixing it 🙂
    Should be good fun

grahamh
    Free Member

Hope I get further than the 2 miles last year before puncturing-took me 5 mins before I even got to the back of the field after fiixing it

It’s not catching the back of the field you need to worry about!
    it’s staying ahead of the back markers 😕

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Just got my new 34×19 chain & sprockets today and fitted them at work to try out on the way home. Let’s see how my Thighs of English Oak cope with 100km on a 3.9m gear.

You’re gonna spin out a bit fella.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Honk if you're HONCing’ is closed to new replies.