Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Homeland episode 1
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Just started watching Homeland on 4OD but never managed to finish episode 1 and now it’s no longer available. I got up to the bit with the returned POW at his BBQ. Before I go onto episode 2, what did I miss?

chewkw
    Free Member

“… he has been turned …”

🙂

ell_tell
    Free Member

He burnt the sausages

Sorry, not much help is it 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Lol well it is helpful if that was all I missed 😆

tinribz
    Free Member

Am on about week 4 and I don’t think you missed anything worth mentioning apart from Morena Baccarin’s breasts. Tis a bit drawn out.

ell_tell
    Free Member

On a more helpful note I’m not sure you missed anything of major significance. I believe Claire Danes (cant remember her characters name) bugged his house with cameras & mics so she could monitor his homelife.

Tis been a gripping series so far. I’m enjoying.

thegreatape
    Free Member

He shot a deer didn’t he?

highclimber
    Free Member

between this and Suits on Dave – two best shows on TV for me at the moment. as said above, you just missed some boobs and claire danes getting herself in a spot of bother in an iraqi jail where she tried to get some infomation from an informant she was trying to stop being executed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

**** all imo, don’t bother, it may well be the best thing on tv but it’s still mediocre.

Your tv does have an odd button.

toby1

A worthy post there al. Yeah keep going with the series, it’s warming up nicely and Daines is excellent in it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well if the first 2 episodes are meant to hook you, they utterly failed for me, what’s wrong with that input?

Too many folk spend hours in front of TV because it’s there. Waste of time.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Too many folk spend hours in front of TV because it’s there. Waste of time.

You’re quite right. Excessive TV also leads to poor literacy and spelling. OP – do yourself a favour and push the odd button.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

That Wiki link did the job thanks.

theotherjonv

I still haven’t recovered from the sight of Claire Danes ‘freshening up’ with a wet wipe in Ep1. 😯

cove123

liking Suits 1+

IHN

Watched Suits, thought it was trying desparelty hard to be terribly slick and failing.

Homeland is great though, a tense slow-burner. And with a nice smattering of boobs for good measure.

Haze

He turned the sausages?

johnners
    Free Member

His Marine mate’s been hiding his sausage.

It’s no Wire but I’ve seen the whole series and it’s very good TV.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

It is good. Alcatraz is worth a watch on, erm, Watch. 🙂

AndyP
    Free Member

Tried watching it….just dreadful. Mind you, it’s US ‘drama’. They’re fairly good at cartoons but can’t make decent TV worth a damn.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The aliens impregnating him.

Quite important to know otherwise things will start seeming a little weird from episode 7.

t_i_m
    Free Member

Re: the OP
    I cant exactly remember BUT all the episodes start with a very extensive “previously on homeland” recap, so that will fill in any blanks.
    FWIW I’m currently up to ep 4 or 5 and it seems ok. Very silly but quite snappy and engaging. You will need to unplug your brain while watching this. It reminds me of 24 a lot.

hels
    Free Member

Has anybody seen the original Israeli series ? That might be worth a watch, perhaps a bit braver in letting the viewer do some work. In the end in Homeland we are still on USA = good, Arabs = bad, even with all the moral ambiguity painted all over the characters. Well, in Claire Dane’s case more like thrown on with a big bucket.

s4rpf
    Free Member

good series i got impatient so downloaded the whole series from america

it just keeps getting a better as the series goes on.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I like it, but not as much as i enjoyed Rubicon.

Make sure you watch the prequel series Band of Brothers – it explains how Lewis’ character started his military career.

AndyP
    Free Member

Make sure you watch the prequel series Band of Brothers – it explains how Lewis’ character started his military career
    Indeed. And don’t miss the sequel ‘The Escapist’ which is all about his life after being locked up.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

It is entirely possible to download the series from a torrent site, and watch it over one weekend, as I err know someone who may have done, recently… It’s actually easier to watch back-to-back like that, doesn’t plod along as much.
    Am looking forward to the next series at the end of the year.

CaptJon – Rubicon (made by the same American channel, i think) – that was a great series, I got hooked & watched loads in a row. Real shame they aren’t doing any more.

nim

Hels – I asked a mate who travels to Israel alot with work to pick up the DVDs of the original Israeli series (Hatufim = Abducted) but he couldn’t find them.

You could try streaming sites but apart from the legals etc etc it may not have subtitles or dubbing until they’re released on DVD.

ocrider

Has anybody seen the original Israeli series ?

Its on Sky Arts in May

hels
    Free Member

Cheers – I’ll wait for the DVDs they will come up on Lovefilm eventually, hopefully with subtitles !

I refuse to give Sky any money for TV.

CaptJon
    Free Member

dave_rudabar – Member

CaptJon – Rubicon (made by the same American channel, i think) – that was a great series, I got hooked & watched loads in a row. Real shame they aren’t doing any more.

ditto. It was much more ‘realistic’ than the likes of Spooks et al.

johnners
    Free Member

Tried watching it….just dreadful. Mind you, it’s US ‘drama’. They’re fairly good at cartoons but can’t make decent TV worth a damn.

Obvious troll.

AndyP
    Free Member

Obvious troll.
    Sorry that you think that.
    Perhaps ‘Person with different opinion to my own’ more appropriate?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Homeland episode 1’ is closed to new replies.