Home insurance – mobile phone claim

Home Forum Chat Forum Home insurance – mobile phone claim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Home insurance – mobile phone claim
  • Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

You can get. Secondhand 5s for well under £200 and not need to touch your insurance.

newrobdob

I just sold my 64gb iPhone 6 for £200 as a good example.

Jamie

I know this is in no way helpful….

….but £200 excess for an iPhone 5s refurb?

Ouch.

Anyway, I’d wait. You might get something better.

Premier Icon white101
    Subscriber

So the good lady accidentally put her iphone 5s in the wash and found out it couldn’t breathe underwater, following much wailing and crying I rang the insurance company as we have accidental damage cover on personal belongings.

They were ok with the claim, told me everything would be fine and took £200 excess off me then passed me onto there approved organiser of such claims.

I spoke with them this morning and they have told me that I can have a refurbished phone (Apple A grade standard apparently, which means naff all to me) this week or I can wait for there approved organiser of phone repairs for an inspection and maybe get a new phone in 2 weeks time, equally maybe I might still get a refurbished phone.

Question is do I want a second hand phone potentially years old but in good condition for £200 (which I figure I could have bought one online somewhere and taken the risk myself or bought a completely new non iphone for less) or do I just suck it up like the mug I feel insurance companies play you for?

Premier Icon white101
    Subscriber

Claim cancelled, £200 back in bank.

Lesson learned

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

bet your premiums still go up 😉

Premier Icon white101
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon white101
    Subscriber

My great Monday morning experience continues.

Daughter is US for 3 months and O2 are charging her for all phone calls and data etc despite having the Travel bolt on (£4.99 a day) Once a week I do a live chat with O2 to dispute the charges at which point they agree they have messed up and they credit the money to the account. £65 last week.

Time for a bike ride to de-stress.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top