Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Home insurance – mobile phone claim
  • white101

So the good lady accidentally put her iphone 5s in the wash and found out it couldn’t breathe underwater, following much wailing and crying I rang the insurance company as we have accidental damage cover on personal belongings.

They were ok with the claim, told me everything would be fine and took £200 excess off me then passed me onto there approved organiser of such claims.

I spoke with them this morning and they have told me that I can have a refurbished phone (Apple A grade standard apparently, which means naff all to me) this week or I can wait for there approved organiser of phone repairs for an inspection and maybe get a new phone in 2 weeks time, equally maybe I might still get a refurbished phone.

Question is do I want a second hand phone potentially years old but in good condition for £200 (which I figure I could have bought one online somewhere and taken the risk myself or bought a completely new non iphone for less) or do I just suck it up like the mug I feel insurance companies play you for?

Drac

You can get. Secondhand 5s for well under £200 and not need to touch your insurance.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I just sold my 64gb iPhone 6 for £200 as a good example.

Jamie
    Free Member

I know this is in no way helpful….

….but £200 excess for an iPhone 5s refurb?

Ouch.

Anyway, I’d wait. You might get something better.

white101

Claim cancelled, £200 back in bank.

Lesson learned

jam-bo

bet your premiums still go up 😉

white101

no doubt

white101

My great Monday morning experience continues.

Daughter is US for 3 months and O2 are charging her for all phone calls and data etc despite having the Travel bolt on (£4.99 a day) Once a week I do a live chat with O2 to dispute the charges at which point they agree they have messed up and they credit the money to the account. £65 last week.

Time for a bike ride to de-stress.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Home insurance – mobile phone claim’ is closed to new replies.