Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Home insurance inc. bikes
  • fwokinfwok
    Free Member

Home insurance is due. Does anyone have a policy that covers their bikes as well or is it best to get seperate?

BurnBob
    Free Member

M&S

This thread can now be closed.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Lloyds tsb for us, gave us cashback for joining and covers bikes as standard on our property, shed, garden, dining room ( ha ha) etc. Not covered away from home tho!

spooky_b329

M&S, Greenbee a close second.

Never ever ever touch cycle specific insurance with a bargepole, unless you want to pay over the odds and then realise your stuff is hardly ever covered under the T&C's.

toppers3933
    Free Member

marks and spencers insurance. really good. you dont have to specify a value.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Depends on the value of your bike(s). For me, I had a choice of M&S or M&S.

toppers3933
    Free Member

do it tthrough a cashback site and you get money back. i got £30 back when we did ours.

Rikoshea
    Free Member

M&S here, up to 4k per item and you don't have to list them.

See a pattern occuring here???

pk-ripper
    Free Member

M&S as well.

Sadly though, with a few bikes under 4k the premium was ok, specifying one road bike that's over that doubled the premium.

2tyred

Related question – if one were to crash one's expensive race bike (say) and wreck it, whether in a race or otherwise, would contents insurance be expected to cover that?

Not that this has happened, but just wondering.

toppers3933
    Free Member

depends on the policy. will usually specify if accidental damage is covered. you'd be mental to risk mentioning racing. thats a get out clause right there.

Alphabet

I use M&S and have had a no hassle claim a few years back for a bike.

beamers

M

a
    n
    d

S

mavisto
    Free Member

You may also want to have a look at the Co-op.

Bike cover is only up to £1000, but that is enough for my bikes.

fisha
    Free Member

I tried M&S and the online system spat me out saying I live in a high risk flood area. My house sits 4ft above the road level, at the top of a hill on the road with the nearest burn about 150yards away and about 10m lower …

bizarre.

jahwomble
    Free Member

M&S..trouble free claim when we did have a problem as well, new bikes within about three or four says.

spooky_b329

2tyred, yes it would be covered with the possible exception of racing.

You would need away from home cover (which yout be silly not to get if you want to cover bikes) and accidental damage on contents, which wasn't much more expensive, £20 or £30 I think.

Should also cover you for accidental stuff like cutting a steerer way to short, driving over the bike and other stupid stuff 🙂

pk-ripper
    Free Member

accidental won't cover racing – that's a specific exclusion, and there's only a few companies that will cover it. They charge £££

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Home insurance inc. bikes’ is closed to new replies.