Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Home dentist
  • guido

Hello – one of my teeth is killing me. My wisdom tooth is pushing in to it and has snapped it in half.
    i have no NHS dentist and cant afford the £80 my local dentist wants to charge me even before i open my mouth.
    shall i just pull the FKR our? if so how?

crikey
    Free Member

Just go to the dentist.

Think of all the bacteria in your mouth, and think how sick you would be if they got into your bloodstream after a cack-handed dig about.

Spongebob
    Free Member

You need a dentist! Where do you live? I know a new dental practice taking NHS patients a few miles from me.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

My first choice would be a pair of pliers.

What other tools are you considering using ?

project
    Free Member

PHONE NHS DIRECT, theyll put you in touch with an emergency dentist, beware i had 3 teeth out because one had snapped, beaware of severe pain more than the toothache.

MrNutt
    Free Member

there should be a NHS walk in dentist in your local health centre?

I pay a private dentist now, NHS just made a horrible mess.

guido

Im in west oxon near swindon. i found an nhs center in swindon but the lady on the phone said its just for wiltshire. AARRHHH

Want if i boil the pilers??

gus- i would let you punch me if you can only get the bad tooth… :mrgreen:

Spongebob
    Free Member

Roots can be hooked in your jaw, so you will have to snap them off one by one.

Flaperon

Go to the dentist FIRST and then tell him you can’t afford it.

A) All the dirty work is done, and

B) He’ll give you a nice form to fill in so the NHS pays for you.

If you genuinely can’t pay for it then it’s not like the NHS is going to leave your teeth in to rot. If it’s bad enough for you to do it with pliers, then it’s bad enough for you to turn up at any dentist grovelling for their help. No dentist worth their salt should leave you rolling around on the floor in agony if you turn up.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

do you have nhs24 where you live. I had a similar problem but phoned them and they pointed me in the direction of getting an emergency appointment. 1.15 today and not really looking forward to it.

uplink
    Free Member

Im in west oxon near swindon. i found an nhs center in swindon but the lady on the phone said its just for wiltshire. AARRHHH

Tell her you live in Wiltshire then – is nobody streetwise these days?

zaskar
    Free Member

Dentist dude.

Infection like gum disease can damage your heart too.

I’ll lend you a tenner FFS.

Nick

You can’t do this yourself, you’ll make a mess which will ruin your teeth up for good or will cost you a small fortune to fix.

I’d go to A&E, it will get much worse if it gets infected.

guido

Ok im going try to give them my work address in swindon- thanks for all your scary comments…

molgrips
    Free Member

No dentist worth their salt should leave you rolling around on the floor in agony if you turn up.

So are you suggesting walking into the surgery and appealing to their emotions with a spot of amateur dramatics? 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

bit of string and a door handle will see you all right. Tie string to door handle and round tooth, get assistant to slam door shut, tooth out. Alternatively go to the dentist.

project
    Free Member

Just go to a local rough pub and look aty someone, when he asks what you looking at , say you you ugly sod, and await the relief of pain from that tooth, but possibly more pain from other parts of the body, but youll get a free ride to A nd E.

molgrips
    Free Member

bit of string and a door handle will see you all right. Tie string to door handle and round tooth, get assistant to slam door shut, tooth out

Does anyone know if that actually works?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Does anyone know if that actually works?

Only one way to find out….

Flaperon

FIIIIIGGGGHHHTTT!!!

househusband

That’s from Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn!

woody2000

Leave a pound under your pillow along with a little note for the tooth fairy telling him which one to take out 🙂

Alternatively – NHS direct will give you the emergency dentist number. DO NOT do it yourself, seriously.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Take the rough edge off with a dremel and then find a dentist to finish the job off.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

pick axe. pry bar.

Seriously though, when I was younger and earning nowt I used the Dental hospital/college in Glasgow (I lived in Glasgow). They have all the trainee dentists in and so live patients are great for learning. I didn’t have to wait too long either. They are more than happy to help people who need emergency care (like you). Check to see where you’re nearest using yell.com or something…

crezzy

find youre nearest vets ,go in tell them your a farmer and ask for some ligcocane&adreniline [just say your de horning calfs]if your round the 11st mark you should use about 1.5 ml leave it 3 mins then go and get youre steralized hammer and chisal and away you go

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Feeling any better guido?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I pay a private dentist now, NHS just made a horrible mess.

Well, one NHS dentist made a mess, not the whole National Health Service.

Shooduv drunk more milk when youse were kids, and not eaten so many sweets.

(37, not one filling, never had a toothache)

I ain’t beent the dentist in 24 years….

I woon’t **** about like some of these idiots are suggesting! Could go horribly wrong. Go see a proper dentist.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You want to do it like this…

also available in frisbee, remote control car, Robin Hood and go-kart flavours.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Home dentist’ is closed to new replies.