Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Home CCTV for bike/garage front of house security!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Some idiot has walked passed my house and bent my aerial on my 72 Camper. Replacement is not a problem and about £20 but would have liked to have evidence of the act and possible caught up with the offender probably a young kid on his way from school. Van is parked in front of my garage so bit more security would not go amiss!
    Needs to be able to be use existing wiring that I have for an outside light, motion sensor, weather proof, possible to send pics to a wireless device via a router. Oh Budget £100!!!
    Any advice welcome besides park my van in garage! which is full of bikes 🙂
    Rich

wwaswas

Have a look at Maplins – they do a variety of wireless and wired video camera solutions.

ton

i can do you a proper camera Rich, or a system.
    wireless are not very good, hence the reason the trade do not use them.
    also, mains cable is no good….you needs rg59 and power or cat5.

postierich
    Free Member

Sounds like Tons the man!
    Not being a sparky Ton do I have to wire it to a fusebox then?

ton

no mate.
    camera psu plugs into a socket.
    lead splits to camera and recording device.

DaveE

ton
    I’m also interseted in the camera. could you please email some details.

wwaswas

*adds himself to the ‘interested’ list*

(email in profile)

ton

anyone interested give me a bell. 01132633500
    i will tell you all i know.

freeagent
    Free Member

Where are you based Ton? are you in the Glorious Southeast, or the grim North?

ton

Leeds.

DaveE

ton, if you have any links for recomended cameras that would be great. Thanks

excitable1
    Free Member

This barsteward is now in prison having been caught on my camera !

wwaswas

what camera do you have?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Ton,

I’ll give you a call too mate. Been thinking of CCTV for a while but those Maplin things just seem a bit, well, crap.

superfli
    Free Member

This barsteward is now in prison having been caught on my camera !

You sure it was him? He doesnt look dodgy at all lol!

excitable1
    Free Member

It’s an Axis Camera networked to the PC. Very good kit but not the cheapest. We had the cars broken into 3 times and an attempted break in to the garage for the bikes. Also had someone try the front door at 10 o’clock at night obviously thinking they could sneak in and get teh car keys. Since he’s been caught we’ve had nothing (touch wood). It’s a good deterrent and arguably a false camera might do the job.

Relative of mine has his own buisness doing installations in shops and hotels in that London but does do domestic as well when he comes up North for some real ale, pies and ferreting !!!

excitable1
    Free Member

Funny thing was he was with his mate and in the film you can see his mate shout ‘camera’, then d-head looked straight up at it for a full face shot !

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Home CCTV for bike/garage front of house security!’ is closed to new replies.