Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Have we done the new, New Flickr yet?
  • matt_outandabout

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt_outandabout/9986050685/?welcome
    So many functions missing.
    White on black.
    😐

scotroutes

New?? Hasn’t been like for ages now?

Drac

About 4 months ago I think.

kayak23

Still opening without my photos showing….in a photographic site 😥

Just something about a comment someone made about a photo two weeks ago.. Great… 😕

Any way to open onto your photostream yet?

scotroutes

Works OK for me (if a bit slowly given this crap so-called broadband connection I seem to have been landed with recently).

What functions are missing?

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Keep up at the back 😉

scotroutes
    stilltortoise
    Free Member

In my best Louis Walsh accent “I like it”

I’m conscious I’m just a leisure photographer who uses Flickr in quite a basic capacity, but it looks great, the iOS app is neat and it integrates really nicely with iPhoto. I must be the easily pleased target demographic 🙂

matt_outandabout

Are we looking at the same page?
    Capture by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I can see your Photostream fine Matt

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt_outandabout/

scotroutes

Apart from the fact that chrome keeps telling me that my page is in French and offering a translation I like it.

matt_outandabout

Old new

Capture2 by matt_outandabout, on Flickr
    New new

Capture by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

stilltortoise
    Free Member

This is what I see Matt. I suspect that right hand info panel is something you can turn off/close/hide. I don’t see it on my pics

scotroutes

That’s weird, I get an Acer and not an Oak

Drac

You’ve enabled the exif data tab.

matt_outandabout

meh, just me behind then. I (like everyone) was swapped from ‘old white’ in the summer(?), but this new panel to the right was an ‘invite’ to try the forthcoming changes to the new Flickr again – it seems it is a work in progress. There is no BB or HTML code sharing for example.

matt_outandabout

You’ve enabled the exif data tab.

Nope, I can do that in the Old New just fine. This is different…(unless I am totally mad!)

Drac

Ah right so your talking about a beta flickr.

In that case no we haven’t done future flickr.

scotroutes

Is that the big button that says “try our new photo experience”?

matt_outandabout

That is the one.
    New New, see?

scotroutes

Does the little box with the arrow coming out of the top not give you all the photo sharing options then?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I don’t have that button. I feel sad…but maybe I shouldn’t.

Drac

New New, see?

Oh yeah!

matt_outandabout

Yes, but not BB or HTML – only social media.

Capture3 by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

scotroutes

Just pick up the url and paste it in IMG tags then. I’m sure that’s what most folk were doing anyway (despite the flickr “rules).

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Click on the ellipsis on the sharing pane

matt_outandabout

Just pick up the url and paste it in IMG tags then. I’m sure that’s what most folk were doing anyway (despite the flickr “rules).

It has right-click copy picture location disabled 🙁

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Click on the ellipsis on the sharing pane

Please. If only to satisfy my curiosity (the one next to the Pinterest icon)

matt_outandabout

It don’t work yet, the ellipsis.

matt_outandabout

Others are not happy: http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/224533-flickr-photopage-beta

Flickrs explanation (should be to anchor not page) http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#167391143

footflaps

They just seemed obsessed with copying Facebook / Instagram not realising that they won’t ever succeed by just being a 3rd rate clone site. Their original USP of being photo centric has been completely abandoned. Real shame they were bought by Yahoo, been downhill ever since.

kayak23

So, in the old new Flickr, when you had a photo in your photostream up like this…..

….you used to be able to hit the 3 dots in the bottom right corner and select ‘Add to set’ or ‘Add to group’ among many other options. For the life of me I can’t see how to do that now.

It’s not under the 3 dots that are there now. I just want to be able to add to sets and groups darn it!!!

butcher

I opted out of the ‘new, new’ Flickr yesterday. Though only after leaving my feedback. Sodding useless.

It’s only a matter of time though before I have no choice but to opt back in 😥

They do say there are functions missing, which will be added, but there’s so much that doesn’t work as well as it did. It’s pretty annoying.

zokes
    Free Member

Is that the big button that says “try our new photo experience”?

Try our new experience, where we’ve helpfully removed anything useful and replaced it with a load of social media shite for teenagers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Real shame they were bought by Yahoo, been downhill ever since.

Yep the 2 main creators left then and the third one was laid off a bit later on but that was back in 09. It was all fine for me until the last update but the mobile apps are now better.

stumpy01

Was Flickr updated by the same bloke who did the CRC website?

They both seem to need fibre optic broadband to run at a usable pace & have been designed on how they look, rather than how they work as far as I can see.

Actually, perhaps he worked on the latest Google Maps rubbish too….

footflaps

but the mobile apps are now better.

True, but it took them 4 years to wrote a mobile app which actually worked – pretty shocking resourcing from Yahoo.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m currently trying to offer tech support to the missus to navigate yet another Yahoo mail **** up. They seem to be putting all their resources into making the mail unusable first.

andytherocketeer

but the mobile apps are now better.

Not the other day they weren’t!
    Had to resort to Android mail app cos they messed around with Yahoo mail to make it unusable. But Android app had autoupdated overnight, and new version was only capable of crashing. So they issued a quick bugfix update, which guess what… was only capable of crashing 👿 , but at least they sent a 3rd update in 3 days, which does seem to function.

Going to cancel flickr a/c. Only used it because of the photo a day etc. groups (such groups were quite useful tbh).

Now flickr and mail are no longer there to provide functionality and productivity. Productivity now means “hey look at the new experience!”, and “look I can swipe my emails left and right now just like when viewing photos”

scotroutes

So – is the new, new flickr (the beta) working OK now?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the new, New Flickr yet?’ is closed to new replies.