Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Holidays for old folks
  • JulianA
    Free Member

No, not me (yet!)

I’m looking for a place which does respite care holidays – somewhere by the seaside in East Anglia which offers help with washing and dressing for those that need it which would make a nice break for my in-laws (both 89 years old). FIL is fine but MIL is the one needing the help, and I thought it would make a break for FIL if we could find somewhere they could have a holiday with carers on site.

Money is not a particular issue – I’m expecting it will cost upwards of a couple of grand – as the cost will be split three or four ways.

I know we’ve had some threads on here about our olds and wondered if any of you have any useful tips? I have Googled this but would appreciate specific recommendations (or otherwise!) None of the family are likely to read this, so I’m not exactly breaking any confidentially.

Thanks in anticipation…

Julian

JulianA
    Free Member

Anyone?

Drac

Age UK might be able to offer advice.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

JulianA, I’m afraid you’ll get nothing of value on this site for this subject, It’s full of kids, wannabe politicians & folk with opinions. (not that I’m much of those) Have you spoken to your local social services? Durham Social services were fantastic with my Dad & gave loads of advice & care. Try your local S.S. first.

JulianA
    Free Member

Thanks Drac, I’ll follow up your suggestion.

JulianA
    Free Member

Thanks also, egf. I do recall some discussion on here previously about this kind of thing though, but perhaps I’m misremembering…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Holidays for old folks’ is closed to new replies.