Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • kinesis pro6 or tripster ti ??
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Just sold my pro6 as its slightly too big for me and have the chance to buy a discounted Ti tripster (under £1k)
    Anyone have experience of both?
    How does the tripster ride on the road?
    Would be using it for 20 mile round trip commute (1800ft of climbing ) and general bridle path / cheeky coast path riding. Was just going to buy a smaller pro6 but… Those tripsters look lovely

Jamie
    Free Member

You sold the Pro6 complete?

cyclistm
    Free Member

I’ve ridden both over the same route. The pro 6 is great but the Ti tripster just floats where the pro 6 was knocking me about a bit.

I bought a Pro 6 in the end, simply because I couldn’t afford the tripster,

I REALLY wish I bought the tripster

cloudnine
    Free Member

No just the frameset.. the tripster Ti is twice as expensive as a new pro 6… But they normally sell for £1299.
    Id be happy to have either… Just wondering whether it’s worth spending twice the amount I was going to spend. Is Ti worth it?

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s the warranty like? If I was spending the extra on Ti, I would like it to be backed up with a decent warranty.

bol

I use a specialized pave seat post in my pro6 and never really feel beaten up, but if you can afford it, I’d go for the tripster.

cloudnine
    Free Member

It’s brand new but a light scratch on the fork..

cloudnine
    Free Member

Also.. I can have the tripster next week, but at least a 2 week wait for the right sized and colour pro6

Jamie
    Free Member

I think you have already convinced yourself to get the Tripster.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I just wanted to make sure it’s not too relaxed for my late for work scramble.. and is worth an extra £500

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I had the tripster for a weekend it was awesome, I’m waiting for my size to come into stock………

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I worried agonised about the geo on the Tripster ATR before I bought mine last summer – having owned a regular alloy Tripster before it but it really does feel ‘just right’. I’ve not ridden the carbon road bike since. As cyclistm says – it floats. It’s fast, direct, comfy, accelerates well but just seems to look after you. I’m working on getting mine to around 17lbs for the summer and really don’t miss the sub 16lb road bike one bit.

bobster
    Free Member

Haven’t tried a Pro6, but tried the prototype Tripster ATR and fell in love with it, now own one.

It would handle your 20 mile commute easily in cross guise, slap some road tyres on and even better. Will easily handle light off-road you describe, I’ve been riding same stuff I would on my MTB and having a lot of fun.

birdage

My experience so far is that the ATR will excel at all the things you mention. It climbs really well and is loads of fun on ‘bridleway/cheeky coastal path’ stuff, particularly when you’re bedding in brakes…

Compared it on the commute to the Cross Check usually used and it’s great in traffic, with the right saddle and tyres 20 miles would be a breeze.

Seems quite upright in my usual riding position but I quite like that, reminds me of my old Sequoia.

tk46hal
    Free Member

I ride a Pro 6 for every type of riding and love it! But, it’s nice to have a shiny new Ti don’t you think! 😉

rp16v
    Free Member

Glad u managed to shift it in the end
    Ti is nice but that green is so damb sexy
    from what I can work out the kinesis cross bikes all tend to build good “do it all bikes” after realising yours was a disc not canti model I started looking at the 5t and fell in love with the orange

DT78
    Free Member

I’m looking at the pro6, prob the wrong type of frame but how comfy are they? I’m looking for something that can cope with 7 hour/100mile saddle time one road and gravel tracks, be quick and most importantly comfy so I can do it again the next day….

bol

Quick, but fairly harsh without a forgiving seat post and bars, or fairly soft tyres. Love mine with the first two addressed.

DT78
    Free Member

What bars and post are you running then? From the price of a tripster frame you can pick up a fully built pro 6

cloudnine
    Free Member

On my pro6.. salsa cowbell 3 and some black stem I found in the shed that was the right length/rise (80mm). Ive already sold my pro6 frameset as its too big.. just not sure whether to blow that much on a frameset

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just put the tripster on my CC 8)

bol

Nice one cloudnine.

DT78, I’ve got a Speciaized S-works Pave ‘zertz’ carbon seat post and s-works carbon shallow drop bars. They really take the edge off.

cloudnine
    Free Member

OMG.. its a sight to behold… alarmingly light and beautifully made.
    Hopefully my seatpost will turn up before friday

lex
    Free Member

Stop it Stop it stop it stop it STOP IT!

Love my pro6 but if i just move all the bits over……..

STOP IT!

rp16v
    Free Member

Pics or u dident get it 😛

cloudnine
    Free Member

Ha. Did you not see my thread of stupidity where i cut the steerer too short. Anyways… forks will be back next week with a ‘plug’ in them and i’ll throw up some photos next weekend. Been toying with the idea of some chinese carbon wheels.. but ideally want something like the open pros that ive got which can fit road and cx tyres

rp16v
    Free Member

Ul be wanting a pair 2 pairs one for each tyre type that’s how iv ran my tricross for the last year or so
    Cosmos with slicks
    Tiagra/omega with cxkings

Just went through it. I have one of the really low stack bmx top caps aswell lol

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Yippee! Got my Tripster at last 🙂

Kinesis Tripster ATR by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Rik
    Free Member

What size tyre is that? Looks huge!

birdage

On the South Downs too, still very muddy in woody places but Tripster didn’t seem to mind! Get a horrible juddering, grinding noise on braking sometimes, anyone else had this?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nE8BiE]IMG_4433[/url] by Birdage, on Flickr

hummerlicious
    Free Member

It’s 32c Rik, when I tried the demo it had a 40c which was awesome, I’m on the hunt for something a little fatter…..

Mine’s alright birdage, what brakes do you have?

cyclistm
    Free Member

avoid schwalbe cx comp tyres, utterly hopeless.

birdage, is that a little chain catcher?

birdage

TRP Spyres. Finally got them set up really nice thanks to some advice from a mate and now the grinding!

Cyclistm – ngear jump stop, works really well for me with a Surly ring.

Re; tyres – I’ve found the 40c Landcruisers absolutely fantastic for round here, good on road and track and (touch head) not had a puncture yet. Felt slightly heavy and leaden at first but I’m sure they get better the more you use them……………

bobster
    Free Member

birdage – what’s the advice on the TRP Spyre set-up?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘kinesis pro6 or tripster ti ??’ is closed to new replies.