Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Holiday insurance – any recommendations?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Off to Sardinia for 10 days in a couple of weeks and not done the insurance yet. Any suggestions as to good VFM?

curvature
    Free Member

Yes use AXA. Mine was through my Lloyds bank account.

I have just broken my Tibia and Fibula (8 days ago) in Gran Canaria and AXA were absolutely superb.

UK side a bit slow but once it was transferred to Barcelona they were excellent. So far our only outlay is €150 for medication that my wife had to buy from the pharmacist out of the hospital.

I was admitted to hospital last Saturday and discharged Wednesday lunchtime. I had an operation to plate the Tibia. All of this was in a private hospital so I would imagine not cheap.

We also had an additional nights accommodation in our 5star hotel, private transfer to the airport, revised flights array later with a different airline and full support through the airport.

They bought 6 seats on the plane as I needed 3 so I could keep my leg elevated.

Hope that’s a good enough recommendation!

Be aware that some policies only cover the injured person so if travelling as a family they would only organise getting the injured person back. In my case I was on holiday with my wife and 2 young children who were allowed to remain with me.

sharkbait
    Free Member

What should I be paying for 5 of us?

curvature
    Free Member

Ours is all part of the Lloyds Platinum account.

Fees are £17 a month but you get far more than the holiday insurance for this.

I was thinking of downgrading my account but after this holiday it us one thing I will not economise on. The AXA guy in Barcelona even rang me on Friday morning to make sure everything was ok and to ask if we had a good trip home.

I have two young children and what could have been an absolute disaster was all handled professionally.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Holiday insurance – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.