Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 195 total)
  • Given that UKIP do well…
  • chewkw
    Free Member

I will be voting UKIP for the next general election as well. 😈

ninfan
    Free Member

Its not really – though some like to argue it is – is just that some within our society are racist

Arse- go to Bradford, Keighley, Armley and you don’t see multiculturalism, you see separated and isolated communities that don’t mix with each other, they might as well have a brick wall between them for all the cultural diversity and shared sense of community – and that unwillingness and isolation applies to many within both communities.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@binners, may I say how eloquently you have made those points. The one thing that we can be sure of is that political parties will start taking UKIP and the threat they pose seriously now and that’s a very good thing.

Northwind

Is that really a problem though?

As for “shared sense of community”, come to my leafy waspy suburb, no bugger knows anyone else. Forget multiculture, there’s not even a monoculture, they’re just places we happen to park our cars. My neighbours freak out when I say hello.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

need some baggies then NW?!? 😉

ninfan
    Free Member

Is that really a problem though?

Anne Cryer seemed to think it was, she spent years trying to shine light on problems in her area and was shouted down by the Westminster politicos and the ‘liberal elite’ – ten years later shock and horror was feigned by the same lot who ignored her.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My neighbours freak out when I say hello.

Why doesn’t this surprise me ?

Only joking of course it was too good an opportunity to miss.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The one thing that we can be sure of is that political parties will start taking UKIP and the threat they pose seriously now …

You obviously haven’t been following the election campaign then if you thought this wasn’t already the case.

All three main parties have been taking the threat from UKIP extremely seriously, in fact most of the election news seemed to be focused on that.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve seen how badly UKIP did in London, only 10%, even the LibDems beat them which is quite remarkable imo.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27543012

With my sample size of 1, I am convinced that my “Ukip voters are losers” hypothesis is correct.

“To find the cause of our ills in something outside ourselves, something specific that can be spotted and eliminated, is a diagnosis that cannot fail to appeal. To say that the cause of our troubles is not in us but in the Jews, and pass immediately to the extermination of the Jews, is a prescription likely to find a wide acceptance.”

“There are many who find a good alibi far more attractive than an achievement. For an achievement does not settle anything permanently. We still have to prove our worth anew each day: we have to prove that we are as good today as we were yesterday. But when we have a valid alibi for not achieving anything we are fixed, so to speak, for life. Moreover, when we have an alibi for not writing a book, painting a picture, and so on, we have an alibi for not writing the greatest book and not painting the greatest picture. Small wonder that the effort expended and the punishment endured in obtaining a good alibi often exceed the effort and grief requisite for the attainment of a most marked achievement.”

“There is a powerful craving in most of us to see ourselves as instruments in the hands of others and thus free ourselves from the responsibility for acts which are prompted by our own questionable inclinations and impulses.”

“People whose lives are barren and insecure seem to show a greater willingness to obey than people who are self-sufficient and self-confident. To the frustrated, freedom from responsibility is more attractive than freedom from restraint. They are eager to barter their independence for relief of the burdens of willing, deciding and being responsible for inevitable failure. They willingly abdicate the directing of their lives to those who want to plan, command and shoulder all responsibility.”

– Hoffer

mooman
    Free Member

These are the people voting for UKIP. Its just a more resectable BNP to them. They’re not scary looking skinheads. They’re normal working blokes. BUt its a casual racism deemed acceptable. And it now has an electoral outlet.

What a load of rubbish .. astonishing what some people can get brainwashed by the media into believing.

binners

Yeah….. I believe almost everything I read in the media. None of my above statements were at all based on what I ‘be observed, or discussions I’ve had with people. I rely entirely on the output of tabloid editorials to have my opinions spoon-fed to me.

As a result of this, I simply can’t express thoughtful, considered and informed opinions like yourself. It’s an inadequacy that crushes me daily. Thanks for putting me straight though. Your statement is indesputable

mooman
    Free Member

No probs.

marcus7
    Free Member

Just listened to a ukip guy on r4, good lord what a clueless numpty 😯 , I wasn’t too worried by them before!

hilldodger
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    I’ve seen how badly UKIP did in London, only 10%, even the LibDems beat them which is quite remarkable imo.

London is “too multicultural and too highly educated” according to UKIP spokesperson on BBC news

Junkyard
    Free Member

astonishing what some people can get brainwashed by the media into believing.

Yes some of them fall for guff like UKIP will help working people and think Farage is one of them and not a career politician …..morons

Just listened to a ukip guy on r4, good lord what a clueless numpty , I wasn’t too worried by them before!

THERE are children listening to this [ his emphasis]

He was stark raving wasn’t he and just ignored any point to repeat that

Its rude to call someone a racist why are we letting them get way with and then just talking over the top – you could tell they were just turning his mike off I would love to see footage /audio of it!!

I know they like to play the victim card but he was proper barking

slowoldman

chewkw – Member
    I will be voting UKIP for the next general election as well.

Which of their many manifesto policies do you find particularly attractive?

mightymule
    Free Member

I don’t really have anything to add to this – Binners has put it much better than I would have.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

If your think UKIP are bad, just read listen the rot that comes from the SNP/yS. The frightening thing is the latter can actually exercise power. That is scary. At the moment, UKIP can’t actually do too much harm except indirectly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

well done for lasting 4 pages

You will be claiming the SNP cause floods next 🙄

No one can think the SNP are worse than UKIP the only thing worse than UKIP is the BNP
    FFS they are politicians you do not like they are nothing like UKIP. I hate Gove but he is not like UKIP he is just a **** he is not an irrational racist **** or a fruit loop
    Get a grip as you are starting to look like the later

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If your think UKIP are bad, just read listen the rot that comes from the SNP/yS.

Go on then, explain why the SNP/yS are worse than UKIP.

I’m sure your explanation will be fascinating.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Which of their many manifesto policies do you find particularly attractive?

That’s obviously a trick question.

If you paid attention you would realise that chewkw derives huge pleasure from regularly informing everyone that he has voted UKIP and the opportunity to use this emoticon 😈

This simple pleasure is clearly sufficiently attractive for him not to have to concern himself with tedious issues such as “policies”.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The BBC, bless em’, ventured south today, they went to Basildon in Essex. Now this 70’s edifice of a gateway to the countryside is and has been populated by ex East Londoners guaranteed the life of green trees and open fields. They’re died in the wool ex Londoners and Essex types that have seen first hand the influx and settlement of immigrants into lands they once lived in and to some extent escaped from. Traditionally a right’s wing area dominated by Tories with further right wing standards. Its no wonder UKIP did well there.

To those that don’t live, or mix, in cities with multiculturalism at the forefront of their doorstep then please you must try to understand the divisions within these communities. There are rifts and splits and secularism spread between whites, blacks, asians, eastern europeans and folks don’t tolerate each other very much at all. So it ends up with one group hating the other, the other group vilifying the other and the others feeling lost in a minefield with nowhere to turn.

Each party has had their attempt at the “enabling” culture, putting schemes and barriers in equal measure, spending extraordinary amounts of time and money in areas that see sub culture and inner city crime as part of a normalised day. I’d like to say it’s only cities that have such divisions, I fear it isn’t, sleepy villages in deepest leafy Surrey have similar divisions about “out of towers coming into our village, driving too fast, taking all the school places up etc. etc.”
    Its similar but the skin colour of the “immigrant” isn’t necessarily tainted in brown or yellow, its invariably folks moving out of cities into villages for a better life and disrupting the locals.

Tribal, thats all it is. Each social tribe fights for the right to their part of the land and they want to make the laws for their part of the land, they want to control their part of the land and they will defend their part of the land.

UKIP have tapped into this sentiment far more than “call me Dave” tried with his “big society” experiment. Daves attempt to pass social responsibility to those that seek to own it (the tribes) failed because peoples attitude towards Government and the current mainstream parties is none existent, trust has been lost and a new face and group have moved in and speak the language of people that are truly pissed off with platitudes, double standards and inconsistent policies.

I’ve said it before, i’m glad UKIP have entered the fray, glad they are gaining support and being pilloried for their views and the views of those that support them. They have a voice now that hasn’t been heard for a very long time and nows the time to voice that opinion and get people talking about the state of this country we all live in is in.

Long may that voice be heard I say.

mooman
    Free Member

Yes some of them fall for guff like UKIP will help working people and think Farage is one of them and not a career politician …..morons

Another gem ..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Another gem

another moron who falls for it but lacks the ability to counter the point made

moved in and speak the language of people that are truly pissed off with platitudes, double standards and inconsistent policies.

Farage refuses to have his expenses [ and all UKIP MEP’s] audits despite hating waste and MP’s fiddling expenses and stealing from the public
    He employs his wife as his PA despite hating croneyism in politics
    He employs a german despite insisting jobs should be for British folk
    He threw away the entire manifesto he signed dismissing it as drivel
    he is a privately educated millionaiire – yes whata break from the rest eh
    He left the Tories yet he speaks for the working man – i feel certain he says man and not people

His ability to use spin whilst claiming he is not like the rest is truly impressive
    Either that or only dummies vote for them
    I cannot decide which it is…mooman ? any views 😉

Still no idea why you folk buy this drivel tbh

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Tribal, thats all it is. Each social tribe fights for the right to their part of the land and they want to make the laws for their part of the land, they want to control their part of the land and they will defend their part of the land.

Unfortunately for you, research seems to indicate that bigotry tends to decrease when people live in or move to multicultural areas.

At the end of the day, Labour and the Conservatives still control 3000+ seats, whilst UKIP control 157…..whooo yeah.

The media are blowing their “success” way out of the water, from all their coverage you’d think that 50%+ of the country backed them.

Northwind

Calling people stupid is never going to help, even if it’s true.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Yes it will, people need to know that they are.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Thing is Tom, I’m not a supporter of UKIP, I’m just glad they’re here with a voice.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Why? What voice is that? Is it the “I’m a stupid **** who failed at life and blame all my problems on immigrants, so I’ll vote for a corrupt Eton toff who’s creaming off the idiocy of his voters” voice?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dunno but you seem to have a far better grasp of this than anyone 😆

AdamW
    Free Member

The media are blowing their “success” way out of the water, from all their coverage you’d think that 50%+ of the country backed them.

Tom_W1987 +many.

I was wondering if they had a seat on Question Time with ‘FARAGE’ written on the back. The media have given them far more coverage/adulation than they actually deserve, based on their number of MEPs, number of MPs.

trickydisco
    Free Member

from twitter

UKIP have 145 of 3,263 council seats so far counted – 4.4% of total. BNP managed 6.2% in 2009.

Klunk
    Free Member

where’s the purple ? A bit more perspective from Jeremy Vine, though I think his final analysis for predicting the lead needed to win a general election may just show that Labour always do better when it comes to the big one and making the tories share look worse at the same time.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So the Beeb lead the news with a party who have no council under control with labour’s successes as an afterthought. Media hyperbole??

Vine at least more balanced for a change with some timely balance and focus on the real stories. Tow major parties neck and neck and lib Dems mullered. Come the gen election, these will be the main stories

Northwind

trickydisco – Member

UKIP have 145 of 3,263 council seats so far counted – 4.4% of total. BNP managed 6.2% in 2009

Ah now that is an interesting stat. I thought, fair enough, UKIP might not be pulling in huge numbers but it does show a shift. But apparently not.

project
    Free Member

Arse- go to Bradford, Keighley, Armley and you don’t see multiculturalism, you see separated and isolated communities that don’t mix with each other, they might as well have a brick wall between them for all the cultural diversity and shared sense of community – and that unwillingness and isolation applies to many within both communities

Bit like the northern parts of the island of ireland then and thats been going on for years.WIth little change, and they have real walls seperating them from each other,

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

UKIP have 145 of 3,263 council seats so far counted – 4.4% of total

The percentage of seats a party wins says as much about the electoral system as it does about the level of support they enjoy.

According to the BBC UKIP received 17% of the vote across England and NI.

Which is a good result for them but not really the political earthquake some appear to claim that it is. UKIP didn’t come first in the local elections, it didn’t even come second. Although you could be forgiven for thinking they had won more than another party if you listen to some of the comments.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Media hyperbole??

They have yet to say the SNP are worse than UKIP;if they did they would offer an explanation
    🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 195 total)

The topic ‘Given that UKIP do well…’ is closed to new replies.