Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Hit The North entry update.
  • Harry_the_Spider

I love penguins, but I couldn’t eat a full one.

tthew

Isn’t that a baby Robin?

binners

Have the penguins usually returned to mate in Prestwich by February?

Pook

no, they’re normally only as far as stockport, bonking near the tescos

rockitman

Wicked, really looking forward to this, should be a right laugh as per usual.

Favourite moment so far was that crazy descent that Brant was standing at (think it was the 2nd winter sprinter?). My mate came down on a Ragley Blue Pig, completely ballsed it up, crashed and got up and slagged the bike off as “a piece of poorly designed crap with **** geometry” or something similar, having no idea who Brant was 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

that crazy descent

…known as “The Chin” is part of the 2012 course. I fell off on the night time preview ride and managed to land ribs first on top of the fence. 😯

Nice to see that you are back rockitman BTW. I was beginning to think that you were trapped under something heavy and couldn’t reach the keyboard.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Favourite moment so far was that crazy descent that Brant was standing at (think it was the 2nd winter sprinter?). My mate came down on a Ragley Blue Pig, completely ballsed it up, crashed and got up and slagged the bike off as “a piece of poorly designed crap with **** geometry” or something similar, having no idea who Brant was

Sounds like when me and a mate were loudly slagging off a Damien Hirst piece at a Turner Prize preview, without realising he was stood behind us. 😀

He din’t say owt though; mainly probbly cos he knew we were in fact right.

binners

…known as “The Chin” is part of the 2012 course. I fell off on the night time preview ride and managed to land ribs first on top of the fence.

You’re forgetting your “I’m sure this isn’t as steep as it used to be” quip immediately prior to your little mishap 😀

RustySpanner

Things are looking up!

Post ride pre-pub curry it is then.
    I’ll post another thread with a link to the menu nearer the time.

TJ, would be happy to have a go on the tandem if Elf gets arrested/injured before the big day.

Ms S lives just round the corner – might be some floorspace available if anyone needs to crash.
    Known excrement flingers would have to pay a refundable deposit though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

if Elf gets arrested/injured before the big day.

There is a strong possibility of arrest. 😐 There’s always the strong possibility of arrest…

Excrement flinging service available on request.

binners

Are we not all going to the swingers party in Pooks Travel Tavern after the curry?

Pook

I’ll order the chocolate mousse

RustySpanner

Swing?

I wouldn’t have had the energy to watch, never mind join in after the last one.

Make it the night before though…………

rockitman

Nice to see that you are back rockitman BTW. I was beginning to think that you were trapped under something heavy and couldn’t reach the keyboard

I was mate… it was a downhill bike 🙂

A bit gutted actually… signed up for HTN and thought “this will be perfect for the fully rigid, Alfine hubbed Scandal 29er”. Then I cracked my DH frame and had to sell the Scandal as I hadn’t ridden it since last years failed attempt at the Kielder… So, I’m back on the Yeti… I’ll start shopping for a replacement drivetrain in the new year 🙂

rockitman

Sounds like when me and a mate were loudly slagging off a Damien Hirst piece at a Turner Prize preview, without realising he was stood behind us.

Shameless bragging here, but I’ll be producing the Turner Prize ceremony in a couple of weeks. Lauren Laverne is doing a live 30 minute programme too so I’ll be offering myself too her in every way possible 🙂

amsterdan
    Free Member

when is hit the north on and is it suitable for beginners.im not exactly fit or very good on a bike but this sounds like a right laugh 😛

Harry_the_Spider

HtN is suitable for beginners as long as you don’t mind not winning. Plenty of people just turn up for a “right laugh”.

Details at http://www.hitthenorth.net

MrSparkle

Plenty of people just turn up for a “right laugh”.

and these people are called ‘spectators’. 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Shhhh! 🙄

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’m a HTN first-timer and I will be taking things very seriously 😈

Bunnyhop

I love penguins, but I couldn’t eat a full one.

Where do the marshalls sign up?

That list ^^^ is full of people I know, can’t wait to cheer and encourage them on.

Pook – I don’t think we’ll all fit in your little trvel lodge room.

DrP

Here’s another “Soft Southern Shandy Drinker” all signed up….

We’ll be having our jabs, carboloading with pie (that’s what Northerners eat right?), and trucking it oop North in WCA’s wagon of Lurrrve!

DrP

JohnClimber
    Free Member

From IMB issue 14
    Can we have one of these across the canal?

Harry_the_Spider

Where do the marshalls sign up?

You need to report to Mr General Sparkle on the day. More details nearer the time.

postierich
    Free Member

Is that the up to date list? about six friends have said they had entered but not down 👿 lying barstewards!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Right. I’m sorry, folks, but I’ve got to mention this, as it’s important (and I’m a poo-stirring little bastard):

That Bullheart, can’t make it can he? And what’s the reason this time? Terminal cancer? Having to pick up some railway sleepers?

No.

Apparently, and get this for a crap excuse, right; his missus is expecting a baby around that time. 😐

I mean, how pathetic is that? Rubbish! Quite why they can’t come up and have the baby at HTN I do not know, but there you go, eh? Some folk are just a bit soft….

Vortexracing

I’m in as of a few minutes ago.

Will Ton be at the bottom of that hill shouting at folk again? 😆

and Terrahawk are you going SS for this?

terrahawk
    Free Member

and Terrahawk are you going SS for this?

I’ve honestly not thought about what I’ll be riding. what do you recommend?

nbt

is sir “in it to win it”? Then a light, race-based 29er with sharp handling geometry and space to shoulder the bike

Or is sir looking for the attention? In which case a tandem or an outrageous fatbike

or, if you’re working up a thirst for the bar, whatever bike is in working order on race day

terrahawk
    Free Member

Then a light, race-based 29er with sharp handling geometry and space to shoulder the bike

I might have one of those.

nbt

I hear tell you might have an outrageous fatbike too 😀

MrSparkle

If anyone is still wavering then take my advice – get it entered, it will be fookin’ ace!

Vortexracing

not sure what bike, but you will have 3 x SS sprockets and a chain to have a go with in the next couple of days.

I wouldn’t fancy it on a SS, but then I’m a soft tart. 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ll be riding this bloke’s old bike:

Grant ‘Chopper’ Fielder. I won’t be doing that on it though. 😯

dawson

Entered!

Harry_the_Spider

Just lined up another sponsor! Some nice kit for the winners and some advertising banners to ride past for the rest of you. 😉

binners

Is it Anne Summers?

Harry_the_Spider

It is.

tthew

Ace, BANNERS!!

(may as well get excited about those, there’s not much chance I’ll get any of the prizes 🙂 )

Harry_the_Spider

Marshals we be issued with 16″ rubber willies to hit you over the head with.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Hit The North entry update.’ is closed to new replies.