Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • hit by a warrior
  • staticbeast
    Free Member

ok so 3 years ago i got hit by a Mitsubishi warrior on my way home from work bit bruised but nothing major. A few days later the bloke comes to my work place askng me to pay his excess for a 1200 bill and we would leave it at that, i didnt as i didnt think i was really in the wrong i didnt really think either of us were in the wrong i jus thought it was an accident, anyway yesterday i received a letter from his insurance company telling me i owed them 1200 quid and as i hadnt provided any insurance details that they were going to charge me directly. does any1 know where i would stand with this sort of thing? as i dont really. ive a good mind to jus forget about it as its already been 3 years lol but would like sum real advise if anybody can. cheers 🙂 punctuated as best i can lol

iDave
    Free Member

did the letter use full stops and commas?

staticbeast
    Free Member

haha yes sorry for my awful punctuation lol never was my strong point 🙁

passtherizla
    Free Member

that sucks…

Hit whilst on your bike? or were you in a car?

did you provide insurance details? (if you were in your car and the rest of this post is based on tha assumption)

If so you insurance company fixed your car I assume… and based on those 2 facts send the letter to your insurance company and let them deal with it.

If you didn’t admit liability to him and said no to paying his excess then reported it to your insurance company then they haven’t got a leg to stand on.

If you didn’t report the incident then I’m really not sure.

Oh and if you were on you bike then I also don’t know.

staticbeast
    Free Member

no sorry i was on my pushbike lol not driving and i didnt have liability insurance

jon1973
    Free Member

you were on your bike I take it? I’d be denying any culpability, just cos they say you’re responsible, doesn’t mean you are. I’d be sending a letter back to his insurance company refusing to pay on the grounds that it wasn’t your fault. They’re trying it on.

large418
    Free Member

If you’re a homeowner, you may have liability insurance – speak to them.

If not, speak to the CTC – they have a good advice network for cyclists hit by cars.

Or write to the insurers of the Warrior, and give them your version of accounts, refuting any blame and raising the possibility of a counter claim for damages. Get your letter spell checked first though!

staticbeast
    Free Member

I’m not a home owner but thanks for the input and if i did send a letter back i would have it looked over first. I do apologize but written English never was a strong point. anyway thanks again well punctuated people!! 🙂

sc-xc

Suggest to them that someone sufficiently macho to be driving a warrior shouldn’t have to worry about things that happened 3 years ago. Their truck driving client should be too busy flexing his rippling, shirtless muscles whilst making noises like a beast.

racefaceec90

good luck 🙂

Legoman
    Free Member

I hit a car recently & was pursued by the driver (cabbie) for damage and lost earnings. Luckily I had liability on my house insurance who took care of the whole thing.

At the time of the accident I was talking to one of the traffic cops who attended. His view was that as a cyclist I obviously wasn’t obliged to have insurance, liability wasn’t that clear but probably my fault, so to keep my money in my pocket as the only way I could be forced to pay would be via small claims court & even then only if liability could be proved.

Sounds like they’re trying it on after 3 years but think you’re wise to get someone to check over any response you send.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Isn’t 3 years the prescriptive/limitation limit? (It is in Scotland – many claims are raised 2 years and 364 days after an accident)

wwaswas

if you’re going to go legal don’t send anything direct to his insurers – let your legal representative do it.

billysugger
    Free Member

I know personal injury time limit is 3 years in England.

3 years on, what an outfit they must be.

I’d sleep easy if I were you.

andyl
    Free Member

A Warrior was damaged hitting a bike? I thought they were designed to be used on building sites?

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’d ignore it. What are they going to do? They have to prove liability, good luck after three years.

staticbeast
    Free Member

lol it wasnt the bike that done the damage it was me bouncing off the grill n bonnet i had half the mitzy sign on my leg a couple of days later :'(

Jamie
    Free Member

did the letter use full stops and commas?

😐

staticbeast
    Free Member

yes the letter uses them unlike me. 🙁

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’d probably ignore it. But then again I’d probably not be living at the same address 3 years later.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wipe your bum with it and send it back.

EDIT: Keep a copy 🙂

GrahamS

I’m not a home owner

You don’t need to be a home owner. If you have home contents insurance then you typically have third-party liability insurance as part of that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/jul/02/bike-insurance-covered

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

staticbeast – Member
    lol it wasnt the bike that done the damage it was me bouncing off the grill n bonnet i had half the mitzy sign on my leg a couple of days later :'(

POSTED 24 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I’d probably delete this post

iainc

maybe go to the doctor with that sore back you’ve had since getting hit by a warrior 3 yrs ago…..get him to write you a letter/refer to a physio, get some paperwork – let his insurance company know you are in pain and see what they do……

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Typical, you wait ages for a thread about somebody getting run over by an Armoured Fighting Vehicle and then this.

GrahamS

maybe go to the doctor with that sore back you’ve had

Please don’t waste Drs time and NHS resources with made up injuries.
    They are plenty busy enough with actual sick people to see.

(he says waiting for his missus to come home from her 9am to 10pm shift)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘hit by a warrior’ is closed to new replies.