Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • High-rise Vs. Low-rise bars
  • bomberman
    Free Member

Currently running high-rise bars on a heckler with 140mm forks and fancy some new bars. Wondering wether to go for high-rise again or to go lower. I was wondering if losing any height off the front will be a disadvantage on the steep stuff? I’ve got adjustable forks so climbings not a problem. Anything else i should consider?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Fashion?

bomberman
    Free Member

so is that why everyone’s running low rise bars these days? I thought because it was mountain biking there’d be some kind of technological advantage to it

Ride what feels right. Anyone who does otherwise is a mong.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I have a 150mm fork and hi-rise Azonic carbons and it feels great, looks nice too. Whatever licks your gonads really.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Try them.

john_l
    Free Member

Isn’t the “fashion” for low rise bars on big bikes more to do with forks getting longer?

smiffy

Flat bars are the future.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

My theories:

1. general ‘trail type’ bikes use longer forks now than they did 5 years ago, lower rise bars counteract the raised front end and slacker angles

2. forks are now so much better (in action) that there is an advantage in weighting the front end more to generate front wheel grip and higher cornering speeds

3. fashion, the hucker is not flavour of the month any more, the low profile racer front end is where its at (probably because of point no. 2)

BigDummy
    Free Member

Truvativ Stylo. 70cm wide, 10degree backsweep, no rise. Lovely. 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Good theories. I suppose it lowers your c of g a bit too. I feel the need to get low ‘n wide.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I’ve got 710 too but not wide enough. Looks wise…I think risers still win

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Agree, I prefer a bit of rise. It would also be nice to see less bikes with loads of spacers under/over the stem. It looks really clean with just headset, stem and top cap.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I couldn’t decide so went for mid rise 🙂

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

flat bars and bar ends are the new riser bars!

Coyote
    Free Member

Long travel forks and Titec Ringleader hi-rise here. I prefer the position they provide.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘High-rise Vs. Low-rise bars’ is closed to new replies.