Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)
  • He's back in the news
  • iolo
    Free Member
    everyone
    Free Member

Urgh why is he still being given screen time?

Houns

Psychopath

aracer
    Free Member

Oh him. You could have given those of us who don’t care what he says a clue not to bother clicking.

edward2000
    Free Member

A habitual cheater, and he think being banned is unfair. What a massive cock

rumple
    Free Member

yank: “Who the hell is this Bradley Wiggins?”

Brit: “A bit like Lance Armstrong but not a cheating c**t”

incredible quote.

AD

Hmmm – I’m not so sure it’s so clear cut – you could argue that he is actually being honest (yes I know it is too little too late and before the keyboard warriors start whining – I’m not justifying or agreeing with him!)

mildred

Playing devil’s advocate here, but if we consider cycling (or any sport for that matter) as being purely entertainment. That is, it’s not really essential to my life etc but I love to look in and watch and find it really entertaining, all he’s doing is contributing to the spectacle.

Whether he’s taken seriously or not, and whether you despise him and all he stands for is your choice. I’ve sort of come to look a the whole debacle as being akin to some sort of reality show – I don’t like myself for this, but I enjoy watching it. A bit like watching Jeremy Kyle or Big Brother et al makes the wife feel a bit grubby and unclean, but she enjoys the spectacle all the same.

poah
    Free Member

He’s a roadie, who cares lol

nickc

“I would want to change the man that did those things, maybe not the decision, but the way he acted,” he continued.
    “The way he treated people, the way he couldn’t stop fighting. It was unacceptable, inexcusable.”

Interesting that he choses to use the thrid person when talking about his experiences directly, but then reverts back to talking about himself when talking about re-habilitation and forgivness

As for whether the world was ready to accept his return to public life, Armstrong said: “Selfishly, I would say ‘yeah, we’re getting close to that time’.

I suspect he has some way to go yet…

speckledbob
    Free Member

There’s nothing new there. Most people made up their mind a long time ago. The interview just seems irrelevant.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I think Armstrong should just keep as low a profile as possible and not put himself back in front of the press. He comes over as a complete arsehole which, while to an extent forgiveable in those that are 100% focused on winning, doesn’t really make it easy for folks to accept him back as having served his time.

Spin
    Free Member

I think Armstrong should just keep as low a profile as possible and not put himself back in front of the press.

I think he probably craves the limelight.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Dont blame him really. If your going to do alot of road riding then some form of drugs is going to needed.

singlesteed
    Free Member

He has brought a massively good contribution tothe sport regardless of his doping amongst others!

Why bring him up on it so far into the future after the event! Ffs, what’s done is just that DONE!

I agree with where he’s coming from, in a cycling career and team where there’s pressure to perform and not much knowledge on damage of doping I assume back then.

We should be aware that with role models, it works both ways, they achieve, we learn that it can be done.
    They fail, we learn that that’s not the way it should be done from this point on. Simples in my eyes.

To put him down time and time again is not the way forward and to make an example of just him is a scandal in itself!
    Bloody outrage imo.

Tbh I just think how much he has contributed to the sport. : )

iolo
    Free Member

Tbh I just think how much he has contributed to the sport. : )

By bullying and cheating.
    What an amazing role model for all future cyclists.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Same old, same old from LA.

Multiple disingenuous attempts at evading the blame.

The man is a disgusting liar & now he’s looking for sympathy!

An egomaniacal sociopath now acting the victim.

Disgusting.

Not changed in the slightest!

singlesteed
    Free Member

I meant by bringing the masses to apreciate the sport from when he started his career to a errmm certain point.

Maybe I’m easily led… Even though at times he does come across cocky and wanting empathy to his situation and what he found himself doing all those years ago.

Ok ok so he’s not as awesome as the dude who jumped off at the edge of space down to
    Earth but nothing could top that unless that was staged and never was real…!? ;-d

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Ok ok so he’s not as awesome as the dude who jumped off at the edge of space down to
    Earth but nothing could top that unless that was staged and never was real…!? ;-d

He’s not awesome at all! (LA that is)

He’s a fekin bar steward of the highest order.

wilburt
    Free Member

I don’t mind him and yes I’ve read all the books, he’s a sportsperson focused on winning, doing whatever it takes.

It’s a common characteristic, some get rumbled, some don’t, but lots of successful people leave a bit of carnage in their wake.

IMO he played the game well and won.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

You mean cheating is ok as long as you don’t get caught??

The man was content to ruin innocent lives in his quest for personal glory – he’s despicable.

iolo
    Free Member

So what your saying is to be better than everyone else do what you have to.
    Be it lie, take performance enhancing drug, lead by fear.
    What a crock of poo.
    Why not go riding with a pistol so if anyone’s quicker than you just shoot them.
    Or at least poison them before the race.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m a fan, don’t care what you think TBH.

A guy doing what most others were doing, riding the same game like a great many others in an era that was fraught with Drug taking in many other sports too. I’d lift the ban if I had my way, he’s confessed and should be given what all the others given when they confessed.

Glad he’s still training, he paces out a few young up and comings and still puts 50% of his available time on the bike.

Don’t like the bullying mind, he clearly was a proper hard and impossible man if you got on the wrong side of him, that I can’t stand about him.

Heyho, each to their own.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’m a fan, don’t care what you think TBH.

You need to read this: David Walsh, Seven Deadly Sins

You might learn something about the qualities of the man you admire…

wilburt
    Free Member

The game then included peds, they achieve the same now by using more subtle methods.

He was just good at riding a bike and good managing the team. The reason the others were second is because they weren’t as good at one Thing or the other.

I’ll leave it to you though bash away at your keyboards all you like.

iolo
    Free Member

he’s confessed and should be given what all the others given when they confessed.

because he was caught.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’ll leave it to you though bash away at your keyboards all you like.

& I’ll leave you to your sad delusions – deal?

PS I know whose right….& it aint you.

Spin
    Free Member

The man was content to ruin innocent lives in his quest for personal glory

This is the real issue. He has a bit of a point when he says everyone else was doing drugs. I’m not aware of anyone else doing what he did to conceal it. That’s the unforgivable part.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I think what a few of you aren’t getting its the scale of the deception & the insidious, nasty bullying nature of the man. Nothing was considered beneath him, he would rubbish, intimidate & bully ANY who dared to challenge him.

Read that book.

It’s in your best interests.

The cult of Lance Armstrong should & needs to be debunked – it’s all built on lies.

wilburt
    Free Member

Lebowski ..er.. dude, his ability to bother plonkers like you makes me admire him even more. You need to get over yourself and read some different books.

iolo
    Free Member

I really don’t think mrlebowski is the plonker on this thread.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Lance is Still the king in my eyes, anyone who can come back from deaths door with cancer and better a field of CHEATS by cheating himself cancels its self out for me.
    and I respect that he doesn’t feel sorry for doing it Only the getting caught, if only everyone was really that honest with their Dishonesty.
    unfortunately this world Loves a good witch hunt and He being the winner he is was the prime target, if some other peleton hero else was the 7 time winner then no one would bat an eyelid in his direction.
    Cheating goes on in almost every professional sport and much of Amateur sport too, we all know that really but he is a great
    Hate figure.
    vive la Lance 🙂

iolo
    Free Member

So who here would cheat to win a race?

chambord
    Free Member

I do wish he would **** off.

Why is this being covered anyway?! Just ignore him.

belugabob
    Free Member

Dont blame him really. If your going to do alot of road riding then some form of drugs is going to needed.

Only because other people had the same thought before him – ‘because other people are doing it’ is not an excuse.

Similarly – “That the way things are” is only true because of people’s propensity to say “That’s the way things are”

“The secret in life is not to fail because of adversity, but to succeed despite it”

I don’t know who said that, but they were a better person than LA

mikey3
    Free Member

” I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics: I’m sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I’m sorry you don’t believe in miracles.” and “Who the **** keeps putting their used syringes in my can of coke ,that’s for my used syringes,get your own dude!!!” ,two great lance quotes(I may have made one up).

ajantom

It’s not the cheating per se. It was the willingness to ride roughshod over any and all opposition or viewpoints and destroy people’s reputations and, in some cases, careers so he could carry on cheating and by doing so winning.

If he had stuck to just cheating and taken it on the chin when he was caught then *maybe* he might deserve a chance a rehabilitation. But, as it stands he deserves nothing. Not even pity. He’s a cock.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I have no issues with people disliking him, but i do hate the hypocrisy that prevails towards him (not aimed specifically at anyone on this thread btw)

As far as I’m aware most of the peleton were cheats, especially the good ones, and most by default then were also liars. Lance was this, and he was also a bully and a nasty sounding individual, but I fail to see why being a dick is a reason for a lifetime ban and your titles being stripped from history, whilst being a nice guy and cheating appears to warrant no more than slap on the wrist.

Sure punish him for breaking the rules but don’t punishing him for being a total asshat.

Euro
    Free Member

So if he cheated his way to all his victories but was a nicer guy would that be easier to swallow?

I think what he did on the bike was amazing (drugs or no) and, as horrible people go, he doesn’t even register on my radar.

cakefacesmallblock

I’m not certain that any narcissistic bully, deserves any more airtime than he’s already been given.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘He's back in the news’ is closed to new replies.