Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Helpful gadgets for my Berlingo! (luggage / storage options ect ect)
  • alexxx
    Free Member

So it looks like I own a Berlingo car!

I’m taking 2 of the rear seats out and will keep it as a 3 seater!

Can anyone recommend any useful gadgets for securing or storing bits in the car come van.

I’ve been looking at a heavy duty cargo net to secure gubbins down incase of an accident, good idea?

thanks 🙂

z1ppy

that’s not a bad idea, you might need additional D ring mounting points (sorry for the US link), and ratchet straps for generally securing in the 1st place. That what my brother used in his berlingo van (had a security cage, so didn’t need a cargo net) to secure our bike in the back

speshspenner
    Free Member

alexxx….congratulations on your purchases, i to have just bought a Berlingo and i live in Ulverston(Swarthmoor)!!!!!, what a coincidence, mine is the Multispace and has that many pockets and storage areas that i’m sure i’ll never see some stuff again!. I just need a good quality tow ball mounted bike rack for mine and i’ll be very happy. What colour’s yours? will give you a wave if i see you out and about.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

berlingos rock! I have the multispace and its a mobile shed.

cranberry
    Free Member

You might find some of the cargo control stuff from MudStuff useful.

gusamc
    Free Member

we use big plastic storage boxes[for all biking gear- they can stack as well]each (we are a couple), single seat out, so two bikes down side (front wheel out), the two plastic boxes fit behind the twin rear seat (so use the twin rear set and foot well for all clean stuff and normal weekend stuff, campng gear etc).

I use motorbike straps (1″ hooks both end and adjuster) and 3m windsufer straps (1″ trap with adjuster), have managed 2 bikes, 1 Beta alp trail motorbike and an 8ft 6 surfboard (balanced on top diagonally,gf is handily short so it rested on her set headrest

alexxx
    Free Member

Hey guys thanks for your recommendations! keep them coming!

Hey spesh its an 03 in metallic red, I got it off a fellow stwer from kendal and its even got a really smart 2 bike rack that looks super useful!

Picking it up on Monday and I can’t waitttt! very happy indeed

Racing at Innerleithen next weekend so will try and get 4 bikes 4 people and 4 lots of gear in 😀

Very happy indeed 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Helpful gadgets for my Berlingo! (luggage / storage options ect ect)’ is closed to new replies.