Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • help with rear fox shock
  • harrisphil
    Free Member

my rear fox air shock is loosing air presure
    gous from 250psi to 150psi in about 1 hours ride
    no obvious signs of damage
    any advice on what to try first?

If i need to get rebuilt who is recomended?

thanks
    phil

coatesy
    Free Member

First thing to check is the valve, a bit of spit/soapy water over the end will bubble if it's leaking, may then need tightening or replacing(keys and new cores available from car spares shops).If it's not the valve, remove the shock and put it in a bowl of water and check for bubbles, they'll probably come from the main seal, not a major job to swap it, only a little more involved than your regular air can service.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

any more probs http://www.locotuning.co.uk awesome service they will sort you out as they fixed my fox 140 rl`s and they are working as brand new, dirt cheap as well 🙂

z1ppy

as per Coatesy, though if the air is leaking out of the main seal, you can buy a kit from Mojo (fox service centre) and there are vid's on the mojo/youtube on how to dis-assemble and fit the seals.
    Though if it's in such a bad shape, it may well be worth send it away to be fully service (nitrogen top up as well as the seals & inspection): TF Tuned, Mojo or Loco seem to be the main suspect for this.

harrisphil
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice I have found the leak
    there is a small nick in the coating on the shaft
    any body know a good method of repairing them
    or is it a new shaft
    I suspect shaft and service is going to be more than a new shock

nickjb
    Free Member

Smooth any burrs with fine wet and dry paper then add a tiny dab of nail varnish to fill the hole. Clean off the excess. sometimes works, cheap to try.

large418
    Free Member

it should be around £70 for a service, and then another £40 for a shaft replacement. I had a new shaft, air can and service (with all seals) a year ago and it was around £160. Use Mojo or TF tuned

harrisphil
    Free Member

Thanks Nick and everyone
    will try that and I have sent Mojo a email for a quote

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘help with rear fox shock’ is closed to new replies.