Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help with Cannondale Prophet build
  • walowiz

Most of the bike is all together and mostly working ok, but I’m having a blonde moment with the cable guides running underneath the frame, which hopefully can be seen in this picture:

[IMG]http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah255/Walowiz/image_zpspkfumdbm.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

My question for those with more knowledge than me is how do I fix the cables in properly ? I don’t particularly want to cut the cable outers, and really want the cables to stay secure. I’ve tried using cut up cable ties round the cables, but that isn’t working too well.

Anyone know how to fix the cables in ? And what I need to buy ?

Really want to get this sorted so I can go out knowing the cables aren’t going to spring loose all over the place 😉

Thanks

peteimpreza

You need some inserts to go in the guides .

I’ll fid a link .

One moment .

Cannondale Hydraulic Hose/Cable Guides KF086

siwhite
    Free Member

Mine has some little plastic oojits – they are sort of top hat shaped with a slit down the length so they can snap over the cable. The rim of the top hat stops them sliding about the place.

scruff9252

My kona had guides like those. It had plastic top hat shaped bits which clipped over the cables. These in effect fattened the cables up to be held enough by the cable guides in your photo. A Fairly poor design though.

Insulating tape wrapped around the cables to increase diameter could work…?

granny_ring

I got some of those that pete has linked to on Ebay a couple of years ago, have a look.

neilwheel
    Free Member

I used amalgamating tape for the same problem. 2 or 3 wraps works well, it’s soft so has some give and plenty of grab to stop the cables popping out.

walowiz

Thanks guys

Peteimpreza: thanks for the links, have ordered some of those from fleabay, spenny little bits of plastic aren’t they, especially once you factor in shipping !

Fingers crossed they do the trick.

shifter
    Free Member

Ordered from Utah?! Yes shipping may be spen! Usually if Qwerty can’t help you, Dr Cannondale is your next step.
    http://www.cannondale-parts.de/cable-guide-Inserts-10x

shifter
    Free Member

Late edit – looks like the Dr is out of stock too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help with Cannondale Prophet build’ is closed to new replies.