Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help with a Zesty 514
  • bowie278
    Free Member

Evening folks

Hope you’re all well and happy new year to you all. New to this forum so bare with me :mrgreen:

I’m a 2012 Zesty 514 owner and was after some recomendations and assistance. As some will know, the stock 514 came with an ungrippy blend of Mountain King/X King tyres and narrow(ish) 680mm bars. Does anyone have any change recommendations? Rubber Queens? Easton Havoc bars? I’m after a bar thats 720mm plus. Thank you all in advance. Hope the bad weather isn’t hindering you all too much!

maxtorque

We’re pretty good round here at sorting problems, but you’re gonna have to be just a little bit more specific than that!! 😉

bowie278
    Free Member

Hahaha yeah, hitting the enter button sent my unfinished post instead of dropping down a line!

jamj1974

Rubber Queen Black Chili’s are ace. The Haven bars are great – but only 710mm.

cheers_drive

I’m using 760mm Renthal Fat Bars and Hans Dampfs. Both are great, especially the HDs

niksnr
    Free Member

Got a 314 and found similar problems to you. Stock tyres are appalling!! Quickly switched out for a pair of Maxxis, High Roller front and Advantage rear (although due to weather have put HR on rear and now have Swampthing front). Also bought a Superstar stem 65mm and put on a Spank Subrosa 747mm bar. Totally changed ride!!!

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

My zesty has been changed to 750mm havocs , 50mm haven stem , rubber queen BC , and used a works componants headset to slacken the head angle to 66 degrees , doesn’t climb as good but its liveable but descends fantastic !!!

honourablegeorge

Hnas Dampfs – 63 Euro for a set from bike-discount.de, and a set of Easton Havocs, carbon if budget allows. Job done.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 750mm havocs , 50mm haven stem and Maxxis, reverb. Great bike

timmys

Rubber Queen Black Chili’s are ace. The Haven bars are great – but only 710mm.

Rubber Queen BC UST 2.2’s and Haven bars are what I have on my Zesty funnily enough. I find 710 plenty wide as like to ride in areas with those trees things but you’re probably better going wider and cutting them down to suit.

pedro101
    Free Member

514: renthals(740mm) havon stem(65mm)1×10 with silent guide &race face cranks n bash, used my old dt ex 1750 wheels shod with dampfs(+1 for bike discount.de)and an old ks dropper. not sure if its just with the carbon frames but always seem to be emptying water out of the bike post ride and washing!? never seemed to be a problem with my 2010spicy.the already nasty headset and bb aint gonna last long at this rate 🙁

bowie278
    Free Member

Do any 514 users find that water gets in through cable routing holes in the frame when power washing/hose piping down after a ride? Would any of this damage the inner of the frame?

matther01
    Free Member

I run Spank 747’s and they’re pretty good…but if you’re after cheap and 720mm then try CRC for Answer Pro Taper’s…think they’re going for about £30-£35in a range of colours (but relatively heavish at 315gms).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help with a Zesty 514’ is closed to new replies.