Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • [HELP] Rockshox leaking air between chambers
  • lee1989
    Free Member

Hi,

I have a pair of 2009 dual-air Revs that I’m having some trouble with. When I pump one side up the pressure is equalised in the other chamber. It doesn’t matter if I pump the +ve or -ve up first, the air leaks into the other one and has the same pressure.

Do you know what can cause this problem and how I can fix it?

Many thanks in advance!

S_J
    Free Member

Seal between pos and neg chambers has probably failed. Quite a common issue. Either perishes or gets pinched on install.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It is a common problem, I’ve just fixed a similar one on my Pike Airs.

So long as you’ve got the correct seal kit and the right tools, the fix is dead easy. Basically, as S_J has said a seal is ronnied somewhere and needs replacing. Give either LoCo Tuning or TF Tuned a buzz and they’ll have the appropriate seal kit in stock, or otherwise it might be a good idea to send the forks off for a service.

lee1989
    Free Member

Thanks for the insight. That does make scene to me now. Ive had a look in the manual and I think I know which two seals it could be. Do you know where I can buy these two seals?

lee1989
    Free Member

Thanks for your response PMJ. Would they be able to sell me the two seals or would I need the full kit at 20 odd pound? It seems a lot of money for two o-rings.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Not sure to be honest – I bought a full seal kit because I wanted to overhaul my forks myself. The chap behind LoCo is reputedly very good so you could give him a call and talk it through with him.

The strip down for the Dual Air internals on Rockshox forks is relatively straightforward – Here on YouTube

I should reiterate that having the correct tools is an absolute must…you can get away with not having a bike stand, but the 24mm socket, snapring pliers and 15wt fork oil is a prerequisite.

lee1989
    Free Member

I’m taking them apart now. I have the 2009 service manual up on my PC and all the oils I’ve still got from a while back. I’ve got a pair of circlip plies too 🙂

I should probably get the full kit, money is just a little tight having this hobby as a student. If I know it’s just a specific o-ring, I’d like to tray and get my hands on it.

Thanks so so much for the advice, will let you know in 10 when I have them apart.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I asked a similar question about Dual Air Rebas on this thread a few weeks ago. Bought the eBay seals for £8.75 and they were fine.

That was for Rebas, but I think he sells Revs kits too – they may be the same anyway.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Nice one Lee1989!

Let me know how you get on, if you get stuck then you’re welcome to give me a shout.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘[HELP] Rockshox leaking air between chambers’ is closed to new replies.