Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help recommend Handlebar/Stem/Seatpost
  • Elmo
    Free Member

I’m after some white “pimp” parts for my new bike.

I’ve seen some, a Ritchey comp V2 seatpost 30.9 & a riser bar on Rose bikes that seem very nice.
    Not sure about the stem though.
    It says on some sites that its a road stem, but MTB and road suitable on others.
    Is there a massive difference? It certainly looks beefy enough.

Or can you recommend some other tasty/suitable pieces?

Elmo
    Free Member

Has anybody used or have any experience of these?

http://www.mbr.co.uk/products/outland-d31eight-freeride-upgrade-set-34-99/

Cannot decide if they’re a bit too cheap and cheerful or whether they are ok!
    Oh and they’re available in white! 8)

Elmo
    Free Member

nowt? 🙂

jambon
    Free Member

Looks amazingly inexpensive.

As for Ritchey stuff – I’ve never got on with it.

Had a seat-post that bent on the 1st ride and was terribly thought out and very bendy stems.

can’t speak for the stuff from rose though.

Will white make it better?

Elmo
    Free Member

Wouldn’t say better…..
    Just look a little nicer, in my eyes!

The ritchey stuff seems nice-but I’ve never used it! Interested in people’s opinions. Especially as I have tendency to bend posts!
    Concerned that if I bought the outland stuff I’d end up buying something else. End up buying twice!

The reviews just mention the “value” as opposed to actual the quality and feel!

toys19
    Free Member

How much rise, I have a nearly new set of of kore torsion race bars in white. 20mm rise 800mm wide. 25 delivered.

white ones here

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

On-One stuff.
    Twelfty post and Ultralight (?) stem on my Curtis S1 and seem to be VERY good for the money.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Elmo – I’ve got one of those 50mm Outland stems on my Kona, but it’s a 25.4. It’s very good and stiff considering it was 20 quid or whatever I paid. I only got it as I needed a stem that day and it was the only one my local shop had in that fit a 25.4 bar, but I’m glad I did.

It’s black though, so can’t vouch for the white ones.

Also, I got some of these Funn Full on bars in a wierd white newspaper style in 750mm, but they only come in 25.4 I think:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15827

Great bars for the money though.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Ive got a ritchey seatpost and its pretty good. No probs,holds the saddle well and seems to keep it looks quite well after a wee tippy tumble or two! Crc as mentioned above for bars. Some good deals there just now.

jambon
    Free Member

I got some of these Funn Full on bars in a wierd white newspaper style

If only the 30mm rise ones were £19 as well – I’d have some new uber wide bars!

Mackem

I got one of those 318 stems as a temporary measure, but a year on it’s still there, nowt wrong with it, certainly doesnt look of perfrom cheaply. It’s white too. Now I have a black frame so I need a black stem to replace it. If you have a spare black one, how about a swap? It’s 50mm btw.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help recommend Handlebar/Stem/Seatpost’ is closed to new replies.