Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help!!! motolite broken
  • daznal
    Free Member

Hi during sundays ride i felt the back end of my titus motolite flexing during our regular sprint finish,just cleaned the bike and found the drive side seat stay stiffner(dont know its propper name)has come loose from the carbon fibre.Has any one got said item(carbon seat stays or complete back end) kicking about and wants to sell or imight be in the market for an Ellsworth Epithany in large.Help either way would be much appreciated

Cheers Darren

khani
    Free Member

Try on one/planet x, they own Titus now

daznal
    Free Member

Contacted them they havn’t got any spares but they can let me have 25% off a new frame

nonk
    Free Member

is that it?

khani
    Free Member

If nothing is actually broken and it’s just come unstuck try HQ fibre repairs in Norfolk, fixed a Scott scale by bonding on a new dropout for me, worth a call
    HQ Fibre Products
    Tel: 01603 713972
    Vale Farm Workshop, Blofield Rd, Lingwood, Norwich, Norfolk NR13 4AJ

jammiedodger
    Free Member

The carbon rocker (if thats what is called?) snapped on my motolite. Contacted bike shop were I bought the frame who arranged a replacement under warrantry. Think they got it sent from US cause it took ages. Paid for it to be fitted locally.

shooterman

I was looking to sell my large, two month old Motolite frame if it’s of interest.

daznal
    Free Member

how much for the frame? can u send me some pics

shooterman

YGM

martinxyz
    Free Member

Quite a few failed around there.If it was my own motolite i would clean it up,find out what resin/glue to buy,drill a few holes and pop rivet on the underside of the bridge either side after bonding! worth a go before ditching it.I wouldnt attempt it on anyones frame but my own? would love to have a bash at sorting a motolite stay.

Ewan
    Free Member

How olds the bike? If it’s not that old then approach the shop – your contract is with them not Titus…. if it’s less than a year or so it’s probably their problem (sales of goods act). That said with Titus having gone bust / on-one not having any spares they’ll probably be reluctant to agree!

wwaswas

nonk – is that it?

I’d say 25% off a new frame’s not a bad offer from a company that effectively bought the brand and stock in a closing down sale and has no obligation to customers of the previous, bankrupt, company?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help!!! motolite broken’ is closed to new replies.