• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by yoanes-spam.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help – minibus hire for trip to France
  • Dickyboy

Seems like quite a few of the nationals don’t do European hire 🙁
    Any pointers as to who is best to use for 12 or 15 seater to take extended family over to France for a long weekend?

rickmeister

Tried a VW commercial centre. They do hire their vans out.

Dickyboy

Thanks, will try them in the morning.
    Anyone else got any recommendations?

lapierrelady

Sixt, and I think Europcar but they add a charge per day for each day abroad?

allfankledup

Why does it need to be a national one ? We hired a big LDV turbo diesel to go from Hudds to Austria in 95 from a local hire company. Loaded up with students and kayaks it was dog slow – upon inspection whilst on the ferry it turned out that there was no turbo….. longest road trip ever……

yeha
    Free Member

The law in the UK is less strict than Europe. Read this. We wanted to take a groups of Scouts and ended up using multiple cars instead.

Dickyboy

Yeha – is that just for organisations though? Assumes for hire and reward in introduction – which this trip isn’t, just a family trip.

Edit – UK driving licence entitlements are valid for temporary visits, so my ancient licence covers me and I will check with hire co regarding tachos and speed limiters etc

TheGingerOne

Not sure where you are based, but WestBerkshireVans do.

Dickyboy

Thanks thegingerone not too far away, will give them a ring

yeha
    Free Member

We’d covered the hire and reward by looking to use a scout group owned vehicle. There’s also a limitation when there’s more than 8 passengers. I can’t remember the detail on that.

blakec
    Free Member

We used https://www.vansforbands.co.uk for a support van for a recent cycle trip in Europe bit pricey compared to some others but a really nice van

pahoehoe
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help – minibus hire for trip to France’ is closed to new replies.