• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by c.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help me out with first build?
  • c
    Free Member

This will be my first bike build as I’ve always previously bought otp so will someone humour me and check that I’ve not made any stooopid choices in the kit I’m going to purchase..?
    I’ve got my build spec as

Frame: inbred slot drop
    Forks: rigid inbred
    Cranks: rs7 middleburn duo
    Brakes: magura julies
    Front: mech sram x9
    Rear: mech sram x9 medium
    Shifters: sram x9
    Cassette: sram pg950 9 speed

Anyone any idea on a decent midrange bb I’ve checked the middleburn site and I ‘think’ I need 115mm spindle…

warpcow
    Free Member

Don't see anything wrong with the spec but doesn't Middleburn state 113mm BBs? Unless you want titanium ridiculousness (£) shimano are about the only square-taper BBs worth going for imo. Phil Woods get a lot of mentions though, if you've got the money (and you need a special tool for them I think).

c
    Free Member

yep… just checked again and it is 113mm. This is why I need help 😯
    Ti is out of my league I think so I'll check out shimano

spooky_b329

Don't forget bits like headset, gear cables, seatpost and wheels!

oldgit
    Free Member

Hmmmm Middleburn Duo, it's not XX. Have you used it before? I found the change a bit 'robust' for want of a better word.

simon1975
    c
    Free Member

Spooky – headset is the FSA on one include, bought some Hope ProII off another forum so wheels are sorted!

oldgit – never used one before just heard good things and thought I'd treat myself. Hoping I like it if not then I guess it will appear in the classifieds at some point!

simon1975 – thanks for that mate have purchased 😀

taka
    Free Member

a saddle would make the ride a lot less painfull 😉

IA

Bars would also help 😉

c
    Free Member

😕 D'you think?
    😀 I'm pinching my charge ladle off another bike, kinda want to have the frame and wheels in my possesion before making a decision on bars and stem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help me out with first build?’ is closed to new replies.