• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Keef.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • help me mend my shower
  • llama

Its a Grohe mixer fed from a combi boiler. Not sure of the model; its not on their current web site. Its got 2 dials situated in concentric circles with the temperature being the smaller mounted in the front.

Over the last 3 months its been getting less hot, not problem really, just turn it up a bit. But now its at the point where its not getting hot enough with the thermostat turned right up as far as it goes.

No problem at all with hot water from the boiler elsewhere.

My guess is

1. Hot/cold mix has gone out of adjustment
    2. Thermostat needs replacing
    3. Boiler problem

I reckon I could try (1) myself because if it is that I'll save myself alot of hassle and money. However I'm buggered if I can work out how to get the bloody thing apart! Anyone know before I get a plumber in?

brakes
    Free Member

no idea, but there's often a front panel that pulls/ slides off to get to the gubbins inside

llama

Its all mounted externally, no front panel

donks
    Free Member

Has it started to drip from the shower head when turned of…even a little?..if so then the main culprit is probably the cartridge which sits behind the main body of the control. These are prone to breaking down over time and as a sign often tend to let water through even when closed. You can get replacements quite readilly but they cost a bit and are fiddly if you dont have the tools or experience. Check the warrenty as my Mira packed up last year after only 2 years and Mira sent some one out and sorted it under warrenty…even though the reciept and warrenty form were not to hand.

nonk
    Free Member

if you hold on showerman might show up.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hit it with a plumbers wrench?

philconsequence
    Free Member

is you're water pretty "hard"? sounds exactly like a problem i've got with the electric showers here at work… hard water = crudded up heating elements = slow to heat up, poor power output and lower temperatures 🙁

jonb
    Free Member

Is it a thermostatic tap? There are plain mixers and then there are those with thermostats inside to stop you freezing or scalding yourself. It may be broken.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

If the feed to the bath is still as normal and warm. ie the same as it always has been, then I would bet on the problem being with the thermostat valve in the shower mixer. I'm not sure how easy it would be to replace but I can bet it won't be cheap.

MrNutt
    Free Member

this sounds like a dodgy case for sexual entrapment to me!

STWer turns up to help
    goes in to shower, starts work
    "would you like a cup of tea?"
    "sure"
    /rohupnol in tea
    tea drunk, water "accidently turned on"
    oh lets get you out of those wet clothes… …etc 😀

DEVIANTS! THE LOT OF YOU!!!

Keef
    Free Member

PMSL at mrNutt !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘help me mend my shower’ is closed to new replies.