• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by cp.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help me make a decision – make the SS from an inbred slot or a scandal geared
  • cp

The winter/muddy ride singlespeed is currently a slot d/out inbred. It rides nice enough with Project 2 forks.

I also have a Scandal hung on the wall doing nothing but this is geared and requires the use of a tensioner, but am pondering using it as the winter ss. I’d acquire some carbon forks and sell the inbred/p2’s… I like the quietness of the slot inbred, but will appreciate the lighter weight and nicer ride of the Scandal… but at the expense of a noisy tensioner. It’s ages since I used a tensioner, am I just remembering them being noisy beggers??!

Sooooo, ride and weight of the scandal & carbon fork with the tensioner… or quietness of the inbred??!!

Cheezpleez

Tensioners aren’t *that* bad – but I know what you mean.

I had an 26in Inbred with carbon forks and it was as light as it needed to be. (A lot lighter than the 29er Inbred with Swift steel forks that I now have.)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I ride a Scandal SS and love it but it’s one of the ones with slot and hanger. My view is that if you only have one gear to go uphill make the bike as light as possible.

cp

The inbred is also red. That’s a few points in its favour….

cp

Still indecisive…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help me make a decision – make the SS from an inbred slot or a scandal geared’ is closed to new replies.