Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Help me find some forks
  • While not much has been breaking/wearing out (and I’ve not been riding much) I’ve been completely not paying attention. So I find myself with no idea what was/is any good, and is still available… and ‘standards’ for everything have changed.

I need to replace the forks on my wife’s bike. They need to be 26″, 1 1/8″ not tapered, and for QR. The current forks are 100mm travel and the frame probably wouldn’t work with longer travel forks. I’d prefer something that doesn’t require much maintenance or frequent servicing. And not too expensive, or too heavy. But if I have to trade one of “cheap, light, good” I’d trade light.

There are new forks available from CRC, Merlin and indeed Amazon and ebay, but I really don’t have a clue which ones are any good or should be avoided e.g.[list][*]Marzocchi Marathon LR[/*][*]Rockshox 30 Silver TK[/*][*]Manitou Match Comp[/*][/list]

Or there is second hand, but I have no real clue what to look for or avoid.

Any help greatly appreciated!

mattyfez

Im very happy with the epixon forks I got fitted in the not so distant past, fit all your criteria, one model up from tha raidon which are quite well thought of.

specs

If you download the catalogue from the website, they come in grey or white too.

andyl
    Free Member

Look for some second hand 100mm rebas. They are pretty bomb proof IMO and still excellent forks, even ones back to say 2008/9 which will be peanuts. Makes sure there is no play, wear to stanchions, knocking etc and with a decent service and relube they should be spot on. Even better if you find a black box damper version.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help me find some forks’ is closed to new replies.