Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help me design my new shed
  • StirlingCrispin

I am losing my en-suite garage to a conversion, and so the plan is to build a new shed by the side of the house.
    I have a minimum of 6 adult bikes, 2 kids bikes (they’re not getting any smaller and will grow to adult size), a Brompton, folding trailers and all the usual tools and spares to house (including some garden stuff). Clothes will live inside.

I have a total of 8ft 6″ x 23ft 7″ to play with (259cm x 721cm).
    Plan is to enter via a gate on the 8ft side (currently a fence), with the shed a distance in from here to give me parking space before entering the shed.

I want a shed with doors at each end so I can access all the shed from the front and the garden. Or arrive home, park the bike and then access the house from the rear.

My thinking is something 16ft x 8ft – so up against the side fence and house wall, but with parking space at either end. Plan is to do something see-though and “lighty” for the roof, but also install electrickery. Security isn’t a massive issue as there are neighbours around all the time etc and anything unusual gets confronted and reported (in a nice way).

What would you do?
    Give us your thoughts.

Cheers!

Link to sketch (which I can’t embed for some reason)
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_1HydUOFzZrc/TXS40IkL7JI/AAAAAAABJ4Y/YxmDPwRrYB0/s800/Shed%201.JPG

ourmaninthenorth

Will it have a pitched roof? If so, you could use the roof space to store seldom used items.

If you do a search for the usual keywords (workshop, garage, shed, etc) on here – make the search go back as far as you can – then you’ll get some good pointers.

Stoner’s old shed shows a good way of storing plenty of bikes.

Ewan
    Free Member
    petey74
    Free Member

You might be better off designing it as garden houses cost a tonne. Have you tried looking on YouTube for help?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help me design my new shed’ is closed to new replies.