Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Help me choose a bike to hire at CyB
  • lunge

I’m planning on riding Coed y Brenin on Friday and for a number of reasons I won’t be able to take my bike with me. So I thought I would use the chance to hire something interesting and to try a FS bike for the first time. From the website it looks like you can hire:
    Spec Camber Expert
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Spec Stumpjumber FSR
    SC Heckler
    Spec Enduro Expert
    Trek Remedy 8
    SC Blur LT

I normally ride an Orange P7 so quite fancy trying a big bike. My gut feel is to go for the Remedy but I would be persuaded to go for something else.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Any of those will be fine. If you’re coming from a hardtail, something that stiffens under power may be more to your liking, so one of the Santa Cruz, probably the blur. The remedy will be too much, and the Heckler might be, depending on how its built.

I like a decent 4bar myself, and this years stumpie is bloody impressive.

stumpy01

EX8 or Stumpjumper FSR, I reckon.

Of the two, I found it easier to get the suspension sorted on the Stumpy, whereas the DRCV shock (I think it’s called that) on the EX8 took a bit of tinkering when i demo’d it and I still don’t think we got it right.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d hire the Enduro, but mainly because I’ve fancied trying one for a while.

Also because I gave the hire bike a lift last time I was at CyB and it was impressively light.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

how much is hire there?

lunge

Right, gone for a Heckler, no idea why, just fancied it and the guy in the shop was a little hesitant on whether the Remedy was to much bike.

It is £45 for the day. Not cheap but it is either that or don’t ride.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

think £45 is about standard. i might nip over that way and have a go myself

johnikgriff
    Free Member

We there Friday, fingers crossed for sun

Bit late now, but I demoed a Heckler at CYB, didnt work for me there.

I’d have gone Remedy. IMO

lunge

johnikgriff, the standard I ride at I doubt I will be able to get the best out of it anyway!

lucien

The Enduro’s looked in pretty good nic when I was there last year….either that or the Remedy just to try out a bigger bouncer in that sort of riding

chrisdb
    Free Member

EX8 more than enough for CyB

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I “broke” an EX8 at the same demo day, I didnt like the heckler 🙂

Note: I am 14 stone (pure muscle obviously), so do tend to go for a “bigger” bike.

loddrik
    Free Member

14 stone is sod all. I weigh a fair bit more than that and I don’t need ‘bigger’ bikes as a consequence. Marketing nonsense…

I’d have gone for the EX8, always had ’boutique’ bikes but I like the look of the Trek and I’m sure it’d ride more or less as well.

ampthill

I’m 97kg, I don’r dare convert that to stone.

I assume that any bike designed in America was deisgned for upto some on one of my mass. So my Ex Just has to get on with it. Apparently both wheels left the ground yesterday as well!

I certainly aren’t maxing out the pressures in eithr shock

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose a bike to hire at CyB’ is closed to new replies.