Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help – IS Mounts Juicy 3' On Giant
  • stument
    Free Member

Hey guys, just needing a bit of help as im sick of buying Mounts now…

Its costing me a bomb, i have a Giant STP frame with 160mm Disks, ive bought some Avid Juicy 3’s and some Avid 160 Front and Rear IS mounts but they still dont fit…? i dont get why not they rub or just dont reach

There is a gap between the brake and the mounts also the Rear fits the front but rubs i just dont understand why they dont fit

Any ideas?!?! Thanks Stu

transporter13
    Free Member

have you got the little spacers between the mounts and the calipers? if not then this is your problem.

you will need the washer/spacer thingy’s

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30164

hope that helps

stument
    Free Member

Yeah i do, should i just add loads of them to fill the gaps?!

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Are they the rotors that came with the Juicy’s or the old rotors on the bike?
    IIRC, old giant MPH brakes used 165mm rotors rather than 160.

stument
    Free Member

Shimano 160 Rotors, but it would seem as if the rotors were to big as its rubs against the metal

transporter13
    Free Member

http://www.cambriabike.com/Images/product/avid_juicy_ultimate_disc_br.jpg

your brakes should be set up like the pic in the link….note where the spacers are placed

stument
    Free Member

Yeah thats how i have them! i managed to get them both on now using the spaces but now the front brake isnt very responsive

coatesy
    Free Member

You’ll probably need to spend a good bit of time both bleeding them, and making sure the calipers are perfectly aligned for them to work at their best. Freeing up the caliper pistons by allowing them to come out past their normal limit, and then pushing them back will also help with lever feel too.

rossburton
    Free Member

I just re-used spare Juicy 3’s on a new bike and hit this problem. I’d got used to my Shimano brakes where the mount adaptors are cloned and it all just bolts together, but mounting a front Juicy 3 on a IS fork means a special Avid mount (thinner middle section) and Avid bolts (with the conical spacers). Grr. At least they had the dignity to stop the bike like a hitting a wall once they’d bedded in!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help – IS Mounts Juicy 3' On Giant’ is closed to new replies.