Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • help, i need a 'new' phone
  • jonahtonto
    Free Member

ok so im a builder and trash phones. (at the moment im working with a crushed glass and lime render, so my pockets are full of the most abrasive material known to man).
    -hence i dont really fancy paying for anything too flash.
    i was looking at a sony ericsson vivaz u5i for about £80 new but it is running symbian and i understand that is dead tech.
    is that a mistake? if so what would you recommend?
    im wanting a unlocked phone for under £100 that will be ok with 3mobile network.
    ta

Liftman

JCB tough phone

jonahtonto
    Free Member

hmmmmm looks like a phone i had in 1999 just in a massive plastic case. i was thinking more along the lines of £100 so i can just replace it every year. i do need a decent camera and i wouldnt mind having some map function so it would have to be a bit more cutting edge than that. thanks though

sm
    Free Member

Can’t beat this for value for money Huawei Ascend G 300. £100 on Vodafone and at Tesco.

andylakes

Symbian may be dead or dying but you can still use View ranger for Maps etc. I still use a nokia 5230 (probably too fragile for your use) for this and Nokia maps for a sat nav in the car is great with free worldwide maps and updates.
    Andy

sm
    Free Member

Sorry wasn’t thinking about the tough option, just the cheap and functionality.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

na the tough bit isn’t a concern, whatever it is it will get broken. ive resigned myself to that and just replace screens and phones often.
    the fact they have them in tesco is cool as i am totally without a phone now and cant really wait for delivery via the internet

ianpinder
    Free Member

I know it’s double the amount you want to spend. However Sony have just bought out the Experia go, it’s waterproof bash proof, and tough. Looks smart, I’m looking at it sim only as my work phone on site. It is expensive though at £230

jonahtonto
    Free Member

that experia go looks nice 😀
    maybe ill have to bite the bullet and upgrade my contract

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘help, i need a 'new' phone’ is closed to new replies.