Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Help! – Gift idea for MTB buddy?
  • perthmtb
    Free Member

I’m going to stay with a buddy in Rotorua NZ next week for an MTB holiday. I’d like to take him a gift – MTB related – but I’m not very good at that sort of thing, and have left it a bit late to order anything online.

Last year I gave him & his wife a matching pair of these in their favourite tyre tread pattern, which seemed to go down well – but I’m bereft of ideas this time around. Any suggestions welcome – I’m happy to spend up to about 150 quid …

mikewsmith
    Free Member

something to wipe the grin off his face….

How about just topping up his shuttle card and some sweet riding bro, and a beer bro, maybe dinner down brew bro

perthmtb
    Free Member

Yeah I already try and pay for all the shuttles, fuel for his Ute, meals out etc., which I think is the least I can do as he acts as my hotelier, driver, and MTB guide for the week! But I like to bring something with me as well that’s outside all that…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

spooky_b329

Marmite?

happy to spend up to about 150 quid

Lots of it…

markshires
    Free Member

Where did you get the flip flops from? They look cool

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oh and the park stuff should be with you within the week if it’s in stock in Oz (via LBS) or you might be able to get these guys to order you it in http://bikeculture.co.nz/ and you can see the Nomad production line…

perthmtb
    Free Member

@mikewsmith – liking the Park tool stuff, and can probably pick it up from the LBS before I go!

@markshires – yeah, I got myself a pair as well and they were really cool – could even choose which trye tread you wanted! Were from a company in California and I heard about them on MTBR here but unfortunately their website seems to be out of action so I wonder if they’re still around?

Keep the suggestions coming…

perthmtb
    Free Member

By the way – what are the Chris King ‘things’ – salt & pepper shakers??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Espresso paraphernalia for tamping down your coffee grounds

perthmtb
    Free Member

Espresso paraphernalia for tamping down your coffee grounds

Ahh! 😳 at lack of sophistication.

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Lots of good looking stuff here, not sure how current it is though!

belugabob
    Free Member

As he lives in Rotorua, buy him a clothes peg, for his nose 😉

perthmtb
    Free Member

@JohnJohn – some great ideas there, and I tried to get one of those chain bottle openers after they were reviewed by MTBR in their Xmas gift ideas edition, but the US company that makes them didn’t even answer my emails 🙁 However, too late for anything that I can’t pick up locally now as I’m heading out there on Tuesday.

@belugabob – 😀 The experience of sitting in a natural hot pool after a day’s MTB is one of life’s sublime pleasures!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Help! – Gift idea for MTB buddy?’ is closed to new replies.