Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help from the forum (Chromecast content).
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Has anybody here had the following problem with setting up Chromecast?

My app shows “Internet may not be available” and then does not work. The dongle in the TV is not “seeing” the local Wifi network…

Stoner
    Free Member

MOAR POWA!

no really, try using a better USB power adaptor. Dont run it off the TV USB port.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It’s plugged straight into the wall socket.

40mpg

You are not alone.

I’ve tried rebooting router, resetting Chromecast, every USB power adapter in the house, even triad to play with wifi settings (couldnt find the stuff referred to in the help section on the Chromecast app). Tried setup from various phones & laptops too. All to no avail.

It now occupies that dusty corner of the study with the pile of cables that don’t fit anything but could, some old external hard drives and a dvd player 🙁

bigjim

sounds familiar, do you have WPA2 enabled? I had to do that before it seemed to work. If not try a factory reset on your router, whenever my router is restarted I have to do a reset on it to connect to the chromecast for some reason.

Stoner
    Free Member

router is using 2.4Ghz not 5?

have you tried changing the channel setting on the router?

welshfarmer

Change the router.

We have 2 identical BT routers. Identical settings with both. With one of them connected, a few random devices just will not connect. With the other a few completely different random devices won’t connect. We use the one that inconveniences us the least.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Done all of the above. Plus the rest of the standard responses on the Google Help Forum from “Kisha L”…

I’ve had it replaced in the faint hope that there’s a random manufacturing fault. Final attempt on Saturday before I just forget it and ask for my money back.

Cowman

Who’s your I.p?

I know nowtv has an issue with virgin. Could it be a similar thing?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Check your wireless channel. If its 13 chromecast won’t see it due to it not being a recognised channel in the states.

Does it see other wireless networks?

Alphabet

I had a similar sounding issue. I fixed it by using the usb lead that came with it rather than a cheap eBay one and plugging it into its charger rather than a usb socket on the telly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help from the forum (Chromecast content).’ is closed to new replies.