Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chromecast – now won't connect to wifi?
  • 40mpg

Been using our Chromecast for 6 months no problem. Unplugged everything* to move the TV, and now it won’t connect to wifi. I’ve reset it, but can’t get further than entering the wifi password. Tried via phone, pc and macbook.

It must be connecting to my phone via wifi initially as the Chromecast serial code pops up on my phone to match the one on the TV. Then it says ‘connecting’, then ‘could not communicate with your Chromecast’.

This seems to be a common problem on google, but although its reported a lot, I can’t find any suggestions on a fix.

Anyone had this and got round it?

*wifi was never unplugged and has been fine

Cougar

*wifi was never unplugged and has been fine

Try that then, reboot the router?

Cougar

Oh hang on, you’ve moved the TV. Is it now in a Wi-Fi blackspot?

40mpg

Its back where it was! Picture fell off the wall, knocked socket out of wall, so had to pull it all out and replace the socket!

Edit – actually i did reboot the router when i switched all the power off to fix the socket duh!

Stoner
    Free Member

a recommended solution is to up the power to the chromecast. Try and use a decent USB transformer to get the amperage up.

40mpg

Bump for the daytime crowd. Not sure what a decent USB transformer would look like? I’ve got a few kicking around so could try, how would this make a difference?

Stoner
    Free Member

the wifi chip in the chromecast likes a bit of oomph apparently.

Just try it with any USB adaptor, just not the USB port from the TV or Xbox etc. They tend to be lower powered outputs.

iain1775
    Free Member

happened with ours when we switched to a plusnet router
    It now seems to randomly decide when it wants to connect or not and I’ve not come up with any solution other than buggering around with router settings which I dont really want to do for fear of throwing every other connection out

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chromecast – now won't connect to wifi?’ is closed to new replies.