Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Help! Finding a Maxle in north Wales
  • tyredbiker
    Free Member

Boyfriend has left his 20mm Maxle at home…in Hertfordshire. We are now in north Wales, does anyone know of a bike shop that stocks them near Bala or has a spare one that we would pay handsomely for to save him an 8 hour round trip and me a cold night in a tent alone?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Try Teg and the folks at http://www.theholeytrail.co.uk Great people, great little shop.

saxabar
    Free Member
    scratch
    Free Member

Shop at Coedy?

Exactly same thing happened to me once, left my Maxle on the windowsill (outside on the street) while packing the car, a week later it was in exactly the same place when we got back

The shop in Betws helped at the time but I think they’ve since shut

schnor
    Free Member

I’m near Llangollen if you want to borrow mine?

scaled
    Free Member

Manchester here if you’re desperate for a loan. I won’t be riding the big bike any time soon.

project
    Free Member

Alf jones cycles, wrexham

Coed llandegla cycle shop,at LLandegla

Tweeks cycles, but probably closed till tuesday,

good bike shop at Dolgellau,on the way tho coed y brenin,

theres also a bike shop in LLanwrst

zoota

Have you got one yet?

tyredbiker
    Free Member

You guys are awesome- we have located a Maxle and will be picking it up in the morning- thank you all for the offers, such kind people!!

brant
    Free Member

§90-1K0=-Q1

mrelectric

Nice thread. Connected community karma!…

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Calling upon the nice people of STW again, turns out the Maxle we went to pick up was too big- had a wee walk round snowdon today, to be honest we would have probably buggered off home if I hadn’t booked uplift at antur stiniog as a treat. Any chance of anyone lending us one for tomorrow? Schnor? Would be happy to give a deposit and some money as a massive thank you!

BadlyWiredDog

You need to specify what the fork is – there are subtly different versions for, say, Pikes and Lyriks, they’re not all interchangeable (don’t ask how I know etc)

schnor
    Free Member

Its from a RS sektor. What’s your BF’s fork? If someone here doesn’t say it won’t fit then lets assume it will!

I’m free all evening, how about we meet up somewhere obvious (Llangollen at the bridge, there’s parking next to the Bridge End Hotel – LL20 8RY), double-check it fits then you can borrow it for however long you want. I’ll give you my mobile number then so you can text me when you’d like to meet up and return it.

Sounds like a plan?

acidchunks

Too big as in too long or diameter was wrong?

schnor
    Free Member

Bump – tonight still ok? email in profile.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

brant – Member
    §90-1K0=-Q1

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Thank you for the offer schnor, only just seen it as I haven’t had any signal on the phone. Unfortunately the BF was well on the road by then anyways- it’s a loooonely night for me in Bala! He has pikes I believe. What a nightmare…:-(

schnor
    Free Member

Ah well, these things happen. Hope you guys have a good time biking 🙂

iridebikes
    Free Member

Adam is such a tool!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Help! Finding a Maxle in north Wales’ is closed to new replies.