Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help – does this bike or frame exist?
  • nowthen
    Free Member

Hi all,

I am looking for a bike with 7" to 8" rear travel, preferably linkage, that can take Boxxers up front, and a front mech.

Any ideas what I am looking for? :o)

Thanks

nowthen

5lab

alpine 160?

or any big dh bike with one of those truvative 'front mechs in a chainset'?

mysterymove
    Free Member

I've got an 06 Demo for sale, that'll take both…

julianwilson
    Free Member

No linkage, but santa cruz bullit fits otherwise. Especially if you get a shock tuned to go with it.

IA

At the risk of appearing a troll… why do you want that?

There's really little point IMO. The limit on riding my DH bike up hills is not the gearing, it's the angles and sizes of it that make it good for DH! If it's big enough and the saddles in the right place for me to sit and winch it up hills pedalling, then it's the wrong size and shape to be properly quick DH. And armour/full face tend to kill me with heat before the gears run out anyhow. For the mega I just dropped the chainring down to a 38 and got on with it.

If you must, then I'd be looking at an intense Uzzi.

AdeC
    Free Member

you can add…
    '07, '08 and i think '09, Giant Glory frame will take a front mech, has 8" of travel and will happily accept a boxxer fork

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Intense Uzzi VP.

Although as above, you'll struggle to get it up anything steep with triples on the front – it'll just be too high. Mine's OK with U-turn Lyrics wound down, but anything taller and I wouldn't be able to get my weight far enough over the front.

IA

Note Ade C is right, but needs to be the glory, not the glory DH. 1.5 headtube on the glory is a good way to tell the difference (and DH version has a shade more travel).

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Trek Scratch will do.

kimbers

kona stab/ stinky is technicaly a linkage activated single pivot

MtbCol
    Free Member

My Giant Faith would fit the job (hint hint) 😉

monthebiffy
    Free Member

If you're want something a bit different to the usual specialized, trek, giant etc (and you've got the money!) a Nicolai AFR would be perfect. Or even something like a Devinci Frantik.

messiah
    Free Member

I've got a Nicolai gearbox bike that has all gears you could ever need and 180mm travel both ends… and I may even sell it.

Si
    Free Member

These….

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

scott voltage

WackoAK
    Free Member

Not a linkage bike but the Intense Uzzi will do exactly as you ask.

edit: just noticed it's already been mentioned, I have Totems on mine and have no issues climbing steep stuff with it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help – does this bike or frame exist?’ is closed to new replies.