Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help – Chris King Hub service
  • seven
    Free Member

Well according to the manual the driveshell should just pull out after removing the axle. Well it wont on mine. it moves freely but wont pull free from the main body. Anybody had this problem and able to offer some advice?

Cheers

davidrussell
    Free Member

try twisting gently anti clockwise at the time?

seven
    Free Member

tried but still nothing 🙁

Jenga
    Free Member

Never had a problem getting mine off. Just a good twist/pull does the trick. Anti clockwise of course.

Jenga
    Free Member

Maybe try gently tapping with a knocking stick.

TexWade
    Free Member

I couldn't get mine apart either and nor could the LBS. In the end I ended up sending it to King for repair. It came back fully serviced with some new parts. Only hassle was sorting out the Customs duty HMRC tried to charge on the import of a hub. I think I emailed king first. Luckily I have spare wheels so could put up with the wait.

seven
    Free Member

Thanks guys, will keep trying.
    Tex, how much was the service?

Cheers

JamesP
    Free Member

I initially had the same problem. It does take quite a yank to get it off. Don't be afraid to twist it anticlockwise and pull like hell. I recall using the tip of a flat bladed screwdriver to help it on its way.

TexWade
    Free Member

It cost nowt – just the postage.

earl_brutus

I presume youve already taken the axle out? On mine it really did need quite a pull to release it for the first time, after that it becomes easy.

sslowpace
    Free Member

Give it a good yank. You can't damage it by pulling it apart.
    Manky grease on your drive splines definately means a service.

gee
    Free Member

They often need a really good pull/hit.

You have removed both end caps, the axle and the adjusting ring, haven't you?

GB

seven
    Free Member

Cheers all.

tried all above and tis staying put, so off to ck for a service might be the best no that Tex has pointed out it's free 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help – Chris King Hub service’ is closed to new replies.