Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help – Broken Washing Machine
  • richmars

Ok, so this is clearly my fault it’s broken, and my fault I can’t fix it, but the drum isn’t turning, fills and empties ok, the belt is still on and I can turn it by hand. I’ve had the top off, and the inspection hatch at the rear, but I guess I need to go in from the bottom to do much more.
    It’s a Bosch Classixx 1400 Express.
    Anything I can check before calling a man?
    Thanks.

finishthat
    Free Member

google

[video]http://www.justanswer.com/uk-appliance/2zcwr-once-change-brushes-bosch-classixx-1400-wae28363gb.html[/video]

neilb67
    Free Member

Google says check the brushes and also there is a thermal/overload fuse on the side of the motor somewhere..

meehaja
    Free Member

Motor? I’m not suggesting you do any of the following, but here’s what I’d do…

Have a look at the motor, any obvious damage?
    see where the power goes in? check it with a multi metre, is power going in? If it is, then have a look at the switches, is anything up there broken? No? then call “a man.” Although i found it cheaper to just replace the washer.

richmars

Yes, I’m guessing brushes are the likely cause. I’ll have a look for a thermal fuse thing.

richmars

meehaja,
    Thanks for the suggestions, part of the problem is I can’t see the motor from the top. Tipping it over I can see that the bottom panel comes off, but that means resting it on it’s side. Is that ok? Should I refit the transport bolts?

squin
    Free Member

I’m going with the carbon brushes too. only cost a couple of quid from an indi white goods shop.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help – Broken Washing Machine’ is closed to new replies.