Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help – bored and need soul
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

More precisely, I am haven’t bought any new music in a while and getting bored listening to the same stuff all the time.

Could the STW bruvvers recommend me some good uplifting soul albums, any era from 60’s on. OK with normal albums or compilations. Give me something to make those car doors flap

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Can’t recommend anything but fire up Spotify, set the radio to Soul, select your decades and see what arrives?

Spongebob
    Free Member

google vinyl morpher

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I find that once the sun shines, the Isley Brothers do it for me, but I may be a country mile away from your needs if you’re seeking obscurity.

grievoustim
    Free Member

how about some celtic soul?

Been listening to “His Band and the Street Choir” and “Too Late to Stop Now” by Van Morrison today. Awesome stuff.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Try looking up a bloke named Darondo- Let My People Go- excellent!, Shuggie Otis- Inspiration Information, or a compilation of my favorite label Stax that is celebrating 50 years. For some new soul maybe try looking at Amp Fiddler. Hope this helps, will try and think of some more.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I will definitely try the Spotify recommendation. I already have a Darondo and an Amp Fiddler album – excellent

Come on the rest what’s wrong? Someone asks for Viking thrash metal and gets 20 replies – I ask for mainstream soul and get 6 🙁 Is it me, or is soul too too “standard” for the STW musos?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Wilton Felder – Inherit The Wind?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help – bored and need soul’ is closed to new replies.