Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • HELP!: Autocad
    Free Member

HEEEEELLLPPP!!! PLEEEEEAAASSEE!!!

I’ve been sent a cad drawing, and I need to select only a few little bits of the drawings, but when I do (using the wblock command) only some of the drawing is exported, but this includes a load of text I didn’t select.

The drawing is of a cellar, also showing other parts of the property and with a huge amount of text detailing the pipe services and all I need to use is the little bit detailing the cellar walls (internal and external) and i’m stuck.

If anyone has any thoughts on what to do / could do it for me, then it would be very very very very very much appreciated 😉

Jonathan 😉

leggyblonde
    Free Member

use the layoff commmand to turn off irrelevant layers?

unfortunately most people are crap at layer management

ChrisHeath

Are you selecting stuff that’s already a block to WBLOCK out?

Free Member

Ahh, sorry, I should have said – I only know the wblock command from some google-ing, I know absolutely nothing about autocad…

Do I just type in ‘layoff’ into the command box?

chrisheath: I think that’s what might be happening, the drawing will have been done over a week or so and bits of it are part of other bits (if that makes any sense) but I have no idea on how to ‘cut’ the bits I want out of the drawing…

still puzzled 😉

Jonathan 😉

ChrisHeath

If there’s bits of the drawing that you want, but those bits are linked to other bits by being inserted as a block, then you need to explode the block first.

Type ‘X’ then select something contained within the block you want to explode, then press return. You’ll need to do this with all of the blocks that have bits of information in that you want.

You can cut and paste from one drawing into another too – use the ‘edit’ dropdown menu and cut and paste like any other windows software.

scruff
    Free Member

And check the layers are not locked.

Free Member

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I’ve been trying to do this for hours until I thought it best to ask, and now all is good and I have the drawing I need, just got to stick it in visio and put my overlay on it.

top stuff

thanks again 😉

a very happy Jonathan 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘HELP!: Autocad’ is closed to new replies.