Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help after being knocked off my bike…
  • Lego
    Free Member

A few weeks ago I was knocked off my bike on my way home, on a roundabout.

The car pulled out on me whilst I was half way round the roundabout, having not given way to the right, even after a long and clear indication by myself, and moving my position into the centre of the road…

I am currently going through the claims process, but I am now starting to worry it may go bad, seeing as I have stopped hearing from her insurance company, having sent off my quotes for bike repairs etc and she is now contesting liability, saying I went over the roundabout/didnt clearly indicate/some other reason to make it my fault.

Now I am wondering if there is anything I can do/go to get hel pin this matter if her insurance company start to lay the blame on me?

Thanks in advance
    Lego

Davesport

Contact the CTC. Even if you’re not a member they’ll put you in touch with someone who can advise you.

stavromuller
    Free Member

Stick to your guns and be prepared to go all the way (ie. Court). I’ve just had a successful court decision against Eddie Stobart who tried to blame me for one of their drivers pulling out in front of me. I know it’s too late for you, but I would advise anyone who is knocked off their bike to be “injured” enough to need an ambulance and then the police have to be involved and your case becomes stronger

jimc101
    Free Member

I had a similar collision a few years ago, I was in a dedicated lane on a roundabout when a car drove into me, the claim process took about a year using a solicitors via work; at times it did feel that the process was going nowhere; but ended up with a very nice payout, no need for court.

I had a free trip in an ambulance with mine / few hours in A & E, and the police were involved from the start, but from memory all the driver got was one of the refresher type days, and no-doubt a hefty increase in their insurance premium.

Lego
    Free Member

Cheers guys,

Incidently enough, I was looking into BC membership anyway, but I presume that I wouldnt be covered when it comes to an accident before the membership began..?

Lego

crazy-legs

Incidently enough, I was looking into BC membership anyway, but I presume that I wouldnt be covered when it comes to an accident before the membership began..?

Neither BC nor CTC will cover you for an accident you had while not a member but membership of either organisation is well worth it.

This thread on LFGSS forum is a very useful source of info too.

Stick with it – a friend is currently going through a similar very long process after being knocked off her bike a few months ago. Bike written off, broken collar bone (still causing trouble), ripped/torn clothing and the guys insurance co started contesting it when they found out the medical bill they were going to be landed with. Still ongoing and they’re threatening court in an attempt to get her to settle with a lower pay off. It can take a LONG time.

Good luck with it.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Stick with it. If you were on the roundabout and they hit you as they entered the roundabout I don’t see how it can possibly be contested

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help after being knocked off my bike…’ is closed to new replies.