Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Helmet light recommendation please
  • ononeorange

Yes I know that 1. There have been lots of posts about various light combinations and 2. It's that time of year when these questions get asked, but light systems seem to change very quickly.

I am doing a ~4 hour night event soon and would like to use a helmet light as back-up (main lights are Lumicycle halogens). Ideally with a self-contained battery and I was looking at around £100 – £150.

Anyone got any recommendations, please?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

dx led p7 torch.

ononeorange

Thnaks TJ. Found the website but looks to be US-based and I need in a couple of weeks. Any UK-based suppliers?

Jamie
    Free Member

You can tell the nights are starting to draw in…..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

troutlight?

warpcow
    Free Member

You could just get one of those Fenix torches for about £40. Small, runs on 2 AAs and puts out roughly 200 lumens in a fairly tight beam. It works for me, though runtimes aren't up to fancier batteries (still about 1.5-2hrs on full), but spares are plentiful.

Sirlickalot
    Free Member

I got an ultrafire 9v torch off ebay (flashlight heaven I think) for about £30. Seems to be nearly as bright as the Exposure Joystick. Looks a bit budgety but I attach it to my lid with sticky backed velcro to keep it straight and velcro cable straps to keep it on.

You can probably get them cheaper but they were pretty helpful and delivered within 2 days.

ononeorange

Thanks for the suggestions. Fenix look promising and I will drop Trout a line too.

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Helmet light recommendation please’ is closed to new replies.