Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • helmet cam, help
  • milkyman
    Free Member

Im looking for a helmet cam, I dont want to spend a loads, just somthing I can look back on when I get home, ease of use is important

singletracksurfer

Go Pro for sure. Got the HD model myself, but this http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/Go-Pro-Camera.html is also very good and more than enough for most people.

Northwind

What’s your budget? To me there’s only really 2 ways to do it, very cheap- with one of those £10 mini cameras- or decent. There’s no point in halfassing it with a Tony Hawks or an ATC2K or similiar, either go cheap or go good with a Gopro 960.

_tom_
    Free Member

I rented a GoPro a few weeks ago and was very disappointed with how they perform on a sunny day with light coming through the trees. Bright bits are horribly overexposed to the point of making it painful to watch! Also whilst the chest mount gives the best perspective, it’s so rattly and shaky in that position if you’re going over any kind of rough ground. I think helmet mounted and on an overcast day it would work better. They also flatten everything, make you look slow and make jumps and drops look non-existant. Thing is from what I’ve seen the GoPro is the best one about in terms of sharpness. I wouldn’t waste money on one for mountain biking, personally!

youtube channel here (videos there have been heavily compressed, the stuff straight off the camera is much sharper).

Drac

I have a Contour HD GPS and it’s excellent.

They’re just been replaced by newer models so you can get the Contour HD of Amazon for £135.

Northwind

_tom_ – Member

Also whilst the chest mount gives the best perspective, it’s so rattly and shaky in that position if you’re going over any kind of rough ground.

Most people leave it too loose… Done up tight, it’s as stable as a helmet camera.

_tom_
    Free Member

The one I used was tight and should have been softened by my body fat cushioning 😛

scottalej
    Free Member

Drift X170 is now only £100 and works well.
    http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/X170

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘helmet cam, help’ is closed to new replies.