Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Hello Singletrack, new member here!!
  • hepsta
    Free Member

Hi guys my name is Matt, Thought I would first introduce myself to what seems a top notch forum.

I own a 2011 orange 5 pro in neon green as well as a 2004 orange sub 3.

I would like some advice on what my Sub 3 would be worth.

The shock and fork are standard which are a Manitou Swinger 3Way & Manitou skareb comp 100mm (both need a service or probably cheaper to replace)

It has full and fairly new Shimano XT crankset, front and rear mech, chain, cassette & shifters.

Hope pro hub with a DT swiss 4.2 rim on the rear and standard WTB speed disk on the front.

Braking is done by some Hope M4 with 183mm Front & Rear disks which have nearly new pads in.

Hope I have posted in the right area and would appritiate any advice on what you guys think the bike is worth.

I would also consider swap for an average spec hardtail.

Thanks in advance

Matt

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Hello and pics.?

racefaceec90

welcome matt 🙂 adam

hepsta
    Free Member

Here you go sorry forgot the most important part. This is the most recent I have at the moment. The Easton Seatpost as expected is scratched but still in good working order. Also I forgot to add it has a Chris King Headset.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Cables/hoses, logo’s, seat angle and dirty pants on garage floor fail 😉

TinMan
    Free Member

Tescos Seatpost fail. Would suggest fixing it before attempting to sell.

rOcKeTdOg

seatpost is in backwards or is it my eyesight?

£2.39LB i reckon

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

There are people who have been on here for years who still can’t post pictures. Well done and welcome.

xiphon
    Free Member

First-post-whats-my-bike-worth-FAIL.

Seriously?

At least you took the time to say hello before jumping into sales mode…

hepsta
    Free Member

Cheers some for the great input. I’ll take it that some are far to pathetic and narrow minded to even consider giving me some advice. Thanks to the people who were welcoming.

xiphon
    Free Member

You signed up specifically to get a valuation on the bike you’re selling… and you might never post again, unless it’s in the classifieds.

If that’s your contribution, why should people help you?

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Welcome to STW Matt, don’t mind the arbitrary negative comments, this place has a sense of humor all it’s own.

Oh…and as for how much is your bike worth, about half what you paid for it and then -5% of that for every year you’ve owned it is a reasonable formula for working stuff like that out.

On a serious note…that seat pin does appear to be in backwards! Why is that?

aracer
    Free Member

Enough about your bike. Do you reckon a plane on a treadmill would be able to take off?

pastcaring
    Free Member

seems a top notch forum.

you gotta be kidding right?

sc-xc

I’ll take it that some are far to too pathetic and narrow minded to even consider giving me some advice.

You forgot pedantic.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

For or against expansion of nuclear power?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t worry about talking about bikes and that mate; we’re more interested in what art, architecture, music you like, and what yer dietary preferences are!

Here’s a bit of the old Ludwig Van for you, to welcome you to the forum:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MCnnfXPSHw[/video]

Freude, schoener Goetterfunken,
    Tochter aus Elysium,
    Wir betreten feuertrunken,
    Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.
    Deine Zauber binden wieder
    Was der Mode Schwert geteilt
    Bettler werden Fuerstenbrueder
    Wo dein sanfter Fluegel weilt.

Seid umschlungen, Millionen!
    Diesen Kuss der ganzen Welt!
    Brueder – ueber’m Sternenzelt
    Muss ein lieber Vater wohnen.
    Wem der grosse Wurf gelungen,
    Eines Freundes Freund zu sein,
    Wer ein holdes Weib errungen,
    Mische seinen Jubel ein!
    Ja – wer auch nur eine Seele
    Sein nennt auf dem Erdenrund!
    Und wer’s nie gekonnt, der stehle
    Weinend sich aus diesem Bund

hepsta
    Free Member

The seat post is indeed in the wrong way round which it is not no more. Just a slight fail on my side I know. I don’t sign up to forums with with the mindset of leaving them as soon as I have what I need.

I only join forums with the intention to use them for the good information they supply hence the reason for the advice with regards to the value of my bike. There can’t be anything wrong with asking on some advice on a first post in a forum surely.

maybe its best this thread is deleted.

Oh and no the plane would not take of 😛

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

maybe its best this thread is deleted.

Don’t lose faith. This place is proper fun once you get used to it. 🙂

I do hope you were singing along in German….

hepsta
    Free Member

Ha I’m beginning to giggle. Never had this response on a forum before.

Yes I was singing along in fluent German and thoroughly enjoyed the welcoming video!!!

aracer
    Free Member

no the plane would not take of

Really? Why don’t we discuss that?

hepsta
    Free Member

The wheels would counteract against the treadmill resulting in no movement forwards thus creating no wind resistance to lift the plane

nosedive
    Free Member

maybe if you blew a really strong fan at it at the same time?

hepsta
    Free Member

But that was not in the original question although probably mentioned in a previous thread on the forum.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

nosedive
    Free Member

chicken and egg? Not so sure about that. You have been a forum member for 1 day and so far you haven’t

– asked anyone for advice about tyres
    – got into a stand up argument about the best gear ratio for 1 x 10
    – had a long ‘is a helmet any use thread’ with TJ

poor show, time you started to pull your weight

Bregante

Surely it would depend on which way round on said treadmill, said plane had been facing?

tazzymtb

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

depends which one was thinking of their granny in the nip to last longer 😉

hepsta
    Free Member

I don’t need advice on tyres. I have never tried 1×10 therefore the cannot argue about the pro and cons of it. Also helmets are a personal thing, I like my head and do not plan on head butting any rocks when I fall off therefore wear one.

I am thinking of removing my third ring and adding a bash guard and chain guide. Any advice on that would be greatly appreciated?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

maybe if you blew a really strong fan at it at the same time?

No I’m not having that, you can’t just involve a really powerful fayn just cos it suits you ffs. 🙄

Hepsta what sort of architecture and art are you into?

Camden Town Hall!

hepsta
    Free Member

It would not matter which way round the treadmill was facing the plane would still not take off.

nosedive
    Free Member

I swapped ring 3 for a bashguard after I fell off and sliced my leg open (stable door, horse etc)

I found I ran out of gears a bit with a 32 middle, 22 / 36 seems to work better.

just a minute, did you just deliberately suck me into a conversation about gear rations? Doh!

Bregante

Oh I beg to differ there Hepsta

kennyp
    Free Member

There’s also a bit of a tradition on here of ignoring the bike in the picture and commenting on the background……so I’ll get in first with “your garage needs tidying mate” comment. 🙂

hepsta
    Free Member

Sorry but Camden Town Hall does not do it for me. Looks to much like my local job centre where the local drunks & druggies sit outside waiting for the money.

aracer
    Free Member

The wheels would counteract against the treadmill resulting in no movement forwards thus creating no wind resistance to lift the plane

Good point. Are you sure you’re new here?

Bregante

on the subject of

gear rations?

have you anything to add on the subject of single speeds?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh. 🙁

Köln cathedral?

nosedive
    Free Member

why cant I use a fan? spoilsport

OK then, what if the plane had engines, and they were running?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You still woon’t get airflow under the wings, would you?

You can’t have a fayn and that’s that. No use moaning.

hepsta
    Free Member

Thank you nosedive. That was the first and probably the last useful piece of information to enter the thread. I bet your embarrassed now.

Kennyp – the garage is (was) extremely untidy. It was my parents garage and not mine. Mine is much cleaner and well organised. Everything has its place in my garage.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Hello Singletrack, new member here!!’ is closed to new replies.