Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hello, my names Wrighty and I'm addicted to….
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

wood!
    It all started about 5 years ago when someone suggested I tried a log burner. Little did I know at the time how it would start to control my life.
    I can’t walk by a discarded piece of wood anymore, I have to pick it up and stash it in one of my secret bags at work.
    I find myself hiding wood, to keep it away from other wood be addicts.
    I’ve even built stores at home to keep my wood dry, now the garden resembles a shanty town. It’s started to cause problems at home too as my wood is lying around for the children to get involved with, I noticed theyd taken two pieces from a store and were using it as goal posts on the lawn, I accidentally mowed over one of these last night causing the dog to disappear in fright.
    Does anyone else suffer from this on going nightmare of worrying about burning all their wood.
    Please help.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve got wood. I guess you want to see it?

fasthaggis

I am sycamore and more of yew people making ash so poplar.
    Aspen trying to use coal more ,but it goes against the grain.

mj27
    Free Member

Same issue here, I even get it dropped in my drive or tipped off about where it has been seen. I see it all as a way of reducing the gas bill for the central heating.

The kids love a morning restocking the log store, me on the chain saw, the 2 older ones working the log splitter and the 6 year old stacking the wood store. It reminds me of the great things I did with my dad as a kid that mean more to you as both me and my dad get older.

molgrips
    Free Member

Snigger.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I am sycamore and more of yew people making ash so poplar.
    Aspen trying to use coal more ,but it goes against the grain.

Bravo sir!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hello, my names Wrighty and I'm addicted to….’ is closed to new replies.